How long should I wait before giving my son a cup?

My son is almost 10 months old and is already acting like he wants to drink out of a cup, but he won' t take a cup. There will be times when he tries to drink from his sippy cup, but then realizes its not his bottles and throws the cup. What should I do?

Luvthatkid319

Asked by Luvthatkid319 at 5:48 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• thats a good age to start... our daughter used a cup before that so good luck!
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 5:53 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Start working on it. It could be the type of sippy. We went through 5 different ones before we found one our oldest would take!

Our boys all used a sippy at 6 months, so I'm sure your son can do it. Just work with him and when he does start drinking from it....get rid of all the bottles. If he can drink from a sippy, there is NO reason he needs a bottle!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2009