Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can I get help for PP depression? We do not have any money or insurance. HELP PLEASE!

Is it possible for PP depression to not go away and only get worse over the course of two years since I gave birth?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (7)
  • My mom and I were talking the other night about my cousin who has depression. She ran out of medicine and I was telling my mom how moody she was. She said that she can have her doctor write a note and a perscription and that she can send that to the manufacturer and the manufacturer will send you the deression medication for free. I would contact your local Behavioral Health center to see how you can go about doing this. I don't know if there's a certain form that you have to fill out or anything.

    Answer by a_and_j_momma at 5:58 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

  • Yes it is. More then likely you had underlying issues or additional issues come up since giving birth. It can morph into regular depression if you dont get help. You can get help though. Most states have a mental healthy division that goes based on your income. If they dont then social services generally has a list of providers that go on a sliding scale. Usually a visit to a therapist with them is about 10 to 20 bucks. If you are diagnosed with depression you will see the psychiatrist on duty or nurse on duty at your next visit and theyll give you antidepressents.

    Answer by gemgem at 5:59 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

  • You can see a nutritionist. Eat healthy it effects your health too. Change your thoughts. Start positive thinking. Find a friends to hang out with. Let go of any bitnerness anger etc write a letter and let things go really let go. Watch comedy. Get a hobby :) Read a Healing is a choice book. Start being thankful for the air you breathe anything and everything little things. Blessing!

    Answer by JCRestoredme at 6:19 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

  • Also exercise.

    See this for fighting depression with foods.

    Answer by JCRestoredme at 6:49 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

  • Yes, it's possible for PP to get worse. Join a support group here on Cafemom, and definitely call your doctor. And let me know if you need to talk to someone. I've been there. Good luck!

    Answer by bethelann2004 at 6:49 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

  • go to a doc in the box and have him write a script for prozac or whatever he says and go to walmart they fill generics for $4

    Answer by aliciatron at 8:43 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

  • You can try Saint johns wort. It's a naturally antidepressant you can get at any Walmart of pharmacy. It worked very well for my dad.

    Answer by munch12502 at 9:42 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.