Makeup for a wedding

I will be in my friends wedding in a couple weeks. My dress is red, I have blonde hair and blue eyes. Any suggestions on what kind of eye shadow I should wear?

haileyannsmomma

Asked by haileyannsmomma at 6:00 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I don't know where you live, but if your local mall has a bon ton then they will do your makeup free with any of there makeup specialist, just an idea! You have to make an appoiment though
    determind

Answer by determind at 6:12 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I am a Mary Kay Beauty Consultant and if you would like I can bring color samples buy and you could pick from them. If you want give me a call at 618 343 4384, I work all around the St Louis Metro
    dawnmitchell

Answer by dawnmitchell at 6:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I'd recommend blending at least 2 or 3 shades for a soft and natural look. Try a champagne/shimmery (NOT sparkly!, think champagne instead of Vegas) highlighting shade, lighter than your skin tone, under the brow, in the corner by your nose ad in the bottom inner corner. Use a neutral brown or coffee shade on your eyelid itself (not above), then add drama with a copper or gold-colored (think burnished bronze, not shiny yellow) accent. Use a bronze or deep brown liner and you're all set! These warmer tones will complement the red but will still allow you to wear a strong lipcolor, and they will contrast with your blue eyes.

Another option if you hate those tones is to do a warm purple/eggplant, but again wear a light shimmer/highlight shade underneath and add it gradually, in the crease of your eye, smudge it as liner if you like.

tigrefan98

Answer by tigrefan98 at 6:58 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Honestly for my wedding i did my own makeup the way i would on any normal day very simple and sutle. Everyone complimented it and the photographer even complimented it and told me i wouldnt believe how many women look like a clown on their wedding day. So i would just choose a sutle simple color (maybe brown or gold) i try to go as natural as you can.
    MattysMommy143

Answer by MattysMommy143 at 8:02 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I suggest you ask the bride if the wedding party could have a makeup consultant come in and do everyone's makeup. It would be nice if everyone's make up complements their dress. Don't up stage the bride because it is her day. Contact a Mary Kay Consultant in your area. She knows how.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 11:41 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Because you will be in a wedding party, and all attention should go to the bride, I would suggest neutral colors, like light browns, or beiges. I think anything like green, or blue, might just pop out too much...even it would look good on you, if you are in a wedding, keep your make up looking soft and natural.
    McGregor

Answer by McGregor at 10:54 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• AH, I LOVE FASSION. IF YOU HAVE FAIR SKIN I WOULD STICK WITH THE BROWN TONES. I WOULD PROBABLY TRY A DARK BROWN. ESTE' LAUDRE HAS AWESOME COLORS I LOVE. IF YOU HAVE A TANNED SKIN COLOR I WOULD EITHER DO AGAIN BROWN OR TRY BLACK WITH A BRONZE COLOR LIGHTLY THROUGH IT. I GET SO MANY COMPLAMENTS WHEN I PLAY MY EYES UP LIKE THAT... GOOD LUCK! OH AN EYE LINER IS COOL BUT THE NEW THING IS TAKING YOUR EYE SHADOW AND PUTTING IT LIGHTLY ON YOUR BOTTOM EYELIDS.
    Hannah_Gibson

Answer by Hannah_Gibson at 9:24 PM on Jan. 9, 2009