Is it possible jmy water did break?

I am 38 weeks pregnant. Last thursday went to see my Midwife and was told that baby was positioned down, dilated 2cm and effaced 50%. However a couple of days ago I waslaying in bed and started cramping, had contractions that were regular for about an hour only and had some sharp shooting pains going from lower abdomin to vagina. After about 30 mins doing this I felt something pop in my area. Now from what I hear some moms can sometimes feel it. The only thing is not fluid gushed or trickled. One month ago I had leaked fluid but it was not alot and then it sealed itself back. I honestly do not know what to think. Please if anyone has any comments please let me know what you think.

MRS.RODARTE

Asked by MRS.RODARTE at 8:45 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I've always heard that if your water breaks teh baby is well on it's way and you will have it within a few hours. Since this was last week I'd say it didn't break. Something should have come out. You would also still be having major contractions. When is your next doctor's appointment?
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 8:50 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I think you may need to reread my post. This did not happen a week ago, happened a couple of days ago like 3 days.Not necessarly does baby come right after water breaks cuz the cervix has to dilate to be able to let the baby through which I know some women end up needing meds to speed up the process.
    MRS.RODARTE

Answer by MRS.RODARTE at 8:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• well I had 7 kids and each and everyone of them i felt and heard like a rubber band pop, that is called your mucous plug. Next you would see mucous after you had wiped yourself , sord of looks like yellow snot with a tinged of blood. sounds to me like your in the beginning stages of labor, if its your first child its normal to have slow labor that can last up to a few days. Just keep on top of your contractions, if they are consistent for more than an hour, like first every 20 min then 10 min then 5 min they will get harder and you will know you better get to the hospital asap! good luck!
    fairybrokenwing

Answer by fairybrokenwing at 9:08 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• You need to go have your cervix checked! When your water breaks, its usually a noticeable flow, but the POPPING sound should be looked into I think. Could just be your ligaments moving around. They are looser with all the extra estrogen in your body.
    gabrielsmom619

Answer by gabrielsmom619 at 9:39 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• If you felt the pop, it's very possible... and if the water did break, you should most definitely call your doctor to go get it checked out to make sure. Good luck!
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 11:53 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I'd check with the doctor because after your water breaks, there's chance for infection if it isn't monitored. You may have actually lost your mucus plug.
    Marisa940

Answer by Marisa940 at 1:44 AM on Jul. 17, 2008