is labor

the worst pain that I will ever feel? Is the pain that severe or is that just a myth?

cameramommy77

Asked by cameramommy77 at 6:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Labor is different for all women. Some women can go all the way without any pain medication. Some women can't stand it for long, and get an epidural-like me!!!! Good luck.
    bethelann2004

Answer by bethelann2004 at 6:30 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• It's the hardest pain to bare but the easiest to forget! I'm not gonna lie...it hurts pretty bad...but when it's all over and you're holding your new baby.....what pain?? You'll be filled with so much love the whole thing will seem to have just flown by!
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 6:33 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• i mean, im not gonna lie, it hurts and it hurts pretty bad! but its not like anything you can imagine, so thats why its always described differently to you. my experience was really not that terrible until that is, they gave me the petocin. they say its just like what you produce naturally but it really makes the contractions unpredictable and that makes them to me at least more painful! otherwise just remember to breath through them! and if its too much too handle then go for the epidural its a thing of beauty!
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 6:33 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Labor is the worst pain I've ever felt. However, I've never had kidney stones or been injured seriously. So I'd say, yes labor is TOUGH.........it HURTS..........but it depends on your tolerance for pain. (I've heard that kidney stones are worse.)
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I think it's different for everyone. For me I could feel the contractions that I was having all night before I got induced but by the time I got to the hospital I couldn't feel them anymore. I did get an epidural even though i wasn't in any pain but I just wanted to make sure I got it because I knew I wouldn't be able to change my mind in the middle of the birth lol. Even through the birth usually women feel the pain of crowning even with the epidural but I felt nothing. The only thing I felt was afterwards when they were stitching me since I had an episiotomy.
    yunglovers143

Answer by yunglovers143 at 6:39 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I should add that the terrible contractions that kept me up all night where definitley not the worst pain I've ever felt. Although it was so bad that nothing could make me comfortable and I cried the most of the night it was not bad at all compared to a staph infection boil.. that was the worst pain of my life.
    yunglovers143

Answer by yunglovers143 at 6:41 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Um yea it will probably be the most painfull thing you will ever feel and i did not forget the pain when it was over although i did it with no drugs!! but when its all over its just the biggest feeling of relief you will ever feel!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 6:45 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• it is diffrent for everyone i dont think mine was bad at all i would have rather gave birth then go throw the pregnacy but my daughter was all the way down 2 weeks before i gave birth so it was like three pushes and there she was i did it with out any meds too i was proud of myself. hehe
    mommy033

Answer by mommy033 at 6:47 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• i had an ephiderel and didnt feel anything i had to get cut so that my son could get out and still didnt feel anything
    devlynsmommy08

Answer by devlynsmommy08 at 7:22 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• It's different for every pregnancy. My first I thought I was going to pass out the pain was that severe. With my daughter the pain just felt like strong gas pains which wasn't that bad for me.

It's different.
    MrsTGray

Answer by MrsTGray at 9:40 PM on Jan. 8, 2009