My baby has stopped napping!!!!

My son is 6 months old and up until this week has had a great schedule going!! He wakes up around 6:30 and then goes down for a morning nap around 9am. He usually sleeps till 10:30 or so. Then back down for a afternoon nap around 1pm and sleeps until2:30 or 3:00. THis week he has stopped taking an afternoon nap....he will fall asleep for about 20-30 minutes and that is it!! Any suggestions?? I know he is tired!!!

SuzannaJ

Asked by SuzannaJ at 7:00 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Put him down for bed earlier.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 7:02 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• He goes to bed at 7pm!
    SuzannaJ

Answer by SuzannaJ at 7:08 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• 30 minutes is still a nap to my son, 3 months old. If he makes it an hour I have to check to make sure he is still in there. so maybe his getting enough sleep by the end of the day and is phasing this nap out or changing up the routine. It will continue to change for the first few years
    missv66

Answer by missv66 at 7:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• It's a phase...and a terrible one. My son went on strike from sleeping in the day and at night.. My doctor said that it is because he is getting to an age where he learns that he has some control in his life and actions so he will try to use that control. The phase didn't last long but sad to say he still does it once in awhile. Wait until he decides he doesn't want to eat anymore!!! LOL Good Luck!
    MattysMommy143

Answer by MattysMommy143 at 7:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• he may need a little extra help[ soothing. Check out www.magicsleepsuit.com. The creator was also just featured on www.mominventors.com as featured mom inventor for her creation of the magic sleepsuit. We tried it and it works wonders!
    Anonymous