" I just need some space..."

Can this ever be a "good" thing?? As in it means just that, that he needs a bit of time to himself, to get himself together. Or is it ALWAYS a sign that it is over?? Any first hand experiences, good and bad, is much apprectiated!!
If there are any responsders that want more background I'll gladly give it!!

Kimeley

Asked by Kimeley at 7:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• It depend on the man saying it...if he is a good man and I mean has integrity, then he may just be overwhelmed by all the problems and just wants to relax or get thoughts together.

Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 7:32 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I honestly just said this to my hubby a few days ago.I love him w/all my heart but I do just need space, to make some hard choices.so I do not think it is always an excuse hon.wishing you well.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:59 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• well this is a situation that i faced plenty of times...normally the guy is seeing another girl.or his feelings have changed for you, or maybe he really does want his own personal space u kno get his thoughts together but no matter wat think smart about it cuz u never can tell...give him his space but dont sit at home depressed about it have fun and if he comes back pretend that u dont even remember girl!!!lol
    ms.hotmom21

Answer by ms.hotmom21 at 8:15 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Well I'm a nervous friggen wreck... I'm supposed to call him tommorow. This man means so much to me. He's been my best friend since we broke up over 7 years ago. I think he has the 'integrity' , I just have so much doubt and mistrust, in the entire in human race, from having my hopes stomped in the past...
    *sigh*
    Kimeley

Answer by Kimeley at 8:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Depends on how long he needs this space.

Sometimes I need hubs to get out of my face and let me breath. Or to go on a drive to cool down. But days or weeks is a very bad sign to me.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 9:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Well this happened Tuesday, Tuesday night, so it's been about 2 or 3 days. Hmmm, well.....
    Kimeley

Answer by Kimeley at 10:15 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• No I def. don't think it's always a sign that the relationship is over. Some guys just like to be alone to sort out disagreements or fights by themselves before they're ready to engage with their partner about what's going on. My DH does this and at first, it totally drove me nuts. When we fight and he gets pissed, he sort of shuts down and wants to be away from me. I never experienced this and used to worry, but now I just let him do his own thing for a while and when he comes back, we're usually all made up and can talk rationally.
    Anonymous