How do I get my son to stop playing in the toilet

My son is 8 and has a fascination about playing with his poopoo while he is on the toilet. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• sounds like a scientist at work..he's learning, in a way we prefer not to.I would make time with him to do science projects, go to a pet store and touch a snake or reptiles or furry creatures or even pick up snails and worms.This may entertain him ,more than his poo.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 9:20 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Thanks for the advice, but I am not sure what he is learning. I would understand the 1st time, but the 2nd, 3rd... times. Am I missing something?
    Anonymous

• Flush the toilet as soon as he drops the load.
    Bevner

Answer by Bevner at 11:44 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• 8 is a little old to be doing that. I would probably play the guilt trip on him and tell him how discustin it is and that there are germs in poop. Tell him that is really weird and you arent going to allow him to do this anymore. If he does it punish him. Man I hope I never have to deal with these kind of issues when my kids grow up!! Good Luck. :)
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 12:36 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I would honestly talk to a dr about it. I know a boy who did that and he became very violent at an early age(12) he was in trouble with the law at 16....just ask your dr, he may need counseling.
    Anonymous