Anyone taking off work for Inauguration Day?

momof2boys423

Asked by momof2boys423 at 7:30 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• SAHM's don't get a day off. I wish. I would go shopping or to get a pedicure.
    Anonymous

• I wish I still owned my flat outside DC so I could rent it out and go vacation in Florida or somewhere warm...
    Anonymous

• Heck No, I rather work!
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 7:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I will work
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:48 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I took the day off!! Me and my family have a huge celebration planned complete with Obama shirts.
    aishadavid

Answer by aishadavid at 7:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I would rather work a 20 hour shift getting cussed out all day long by angry medicare beneficiaries. That day has no importance to me
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 8:23 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I will be watching and celebrating. My husband is taking off. We are going to Atlanta to see MLK's home church and do some historic tours in the area about the civil rights movement and share in the experience and excitement of the moment. I can't wait. I want to get my son an Obama pin and t-shirt for his memory box I am making him. Complete with pictures of that day and where we were. Its a family event for sure.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Never did, never will. In fact I'll have a BUNCH of TiVoed shows stored to watch that day so I DON'T have to watch all of the "breaking news" stories.

Why am I not surprised SOME people are taking the day off of work to celebrate.
    Anonymous

• The reason some people will take of is the Historical Nature of it whether you like him or not

Anonymous

• yea...thats a good idea... miss a day of work...gay
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 9:15 PM on Jan. 8, 2009