Does your husb/So know you need him?

and does he show that he needs you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• Nope. He knows I don't...and that's why he loves me. He's not the kind of guy that wants to be needed. He's had two wives that needed him. Both marriages went horribly wrong. To the point where he's done with that.

He doesn't need me, either. Doesn't keep him from showing me that he appreciates me though.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 7:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I have told my S/O that I need him and his help (my family lives 2200 miles away) but he thinks that because he works and I dont that I can handle our 9 month old daughter by myself. It gets crazy because I feel like I am losing my mind and the only time I have to myself is when my daughter goes to sleep and Im in the shower.
    izzismom08

Answer by izzismom08 at 8:09 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I don't think she worded the question right. What I think she meant was do we tell our spouse, boyfriend etc that we love them and appreciate them. And if so then yes, I do daily. My hubby is gone a lot and I want him to know so that he feels wanted and looks forward to coming home. He does the same for me. I think if you want a good marraige that you have to make it a point to let your loved one know as much as you can....
    cheryl4martin

Answer by cheryl4martin at 8:11 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• my hubby KNOWS that my family raised me not to need anyone! i love my hubby and he is my best friend but our relationship is not about using each other.
    we love each other.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 8:15 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• if you worded your question right then for me i don't think we need each other but it sure is nice having each other. i don't need him to live my life and get by. if anyone of us needed the other it would be him. i was alone for 12 yrs before him and could go the rest of my life without him. i just wouldn't want to. he is my better half. man i love my man.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:17 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• We always show and tell eachother how much we mean to eachother, I am posting this ANON because I have gotten some really rude comments from other women saying, I am bragging about how good I have it. Yes I do have it good and so does he. We admire eachother and love eachother and show it on a daily basis. My Hubby and I complete eachother. Our children know how much we need and love eachother too and we show them that we need and love them as well. We have a VERY happy family and I feel so blessed to have them in my life.
    Anonymous

• Yes to both.

We've had some rocky times in our marriage and relationship that have led us both to see that separate we are less than we are together. There is no mistaking that we are better together and we both need each other for different reasons.

Neither one of us is weaker for this.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 9:34 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• We do not need each other, we are both very independent. However we do want to be with each other. I think the fact that we both know that we could provide for ourselves emotionally and financially without each other makes us stronger. We have no reason to have to stay together other than we love each other and completely love being married to each other.

Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 10:21 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Both my DH and myself are better for being together. We aren't afraid to tell one another we need each other, nor are we afraid to tell the other when something is going wrong or something isn't looking right, whatever. We honestly feel we complete each other and we do not go a day without letting each other know that. We actually don't even go to bed if we're fighting, just in case. We make sure our DS knows he's loved and needed and we have a very happy family.
    Anonymous