Help! My 5 year old all of a sudden is acting withdrawn

I started to notice it during christmas break, but now his teacher phoned to tell me her and the other teachers noticed something is wrong. He doesn't want to eat, play, or do anything. She said he doesn't even want to pick up a pencil in class. He is the kid who used to be the class clown, always making people laugh. I'm taking him to the doctor tomorrow to see what she thinks. I just need to know what other mamas think.

CA_Mom_of_2boys

Asked by CA_Mom_of_2boys at 7:39 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• take him to the doctors and talk to him. see if he can tell you what is bothering him. it could be that he is really upset about something, he may have been abused, seizures, i don't know. i would be concerned and good for you for making the step to figure it out
    BoobooHealer

Answer by BoobooHealer at 7:43 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Poor baby.. is someone bothering him at school? Is something occupying his thoughts ? Did he something scary at home or did something happen to where he is worrying about something? :(

simple frown

xtina34

Answer by xtina34 at 10:14 PM on Jan. 8, 2009