Quad Screen

Just wondering everyones opinion on it. I'm torn with whether to do it or not.

anerd05

Asked by anerd05 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I opted NOT to do it. My reasoning, I wouldn't do anything about my pregnancy regardless of the results of the screening that isn't completely accurate anyways. I just figured that if there was anything wrong with my baby that I would find out when it was born and I was going to love it anyways. I didn't want to get results that weren't ideal and spend the rest of my pregnancy worried about it.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I didn't do it. I did really see the point it wouldn't change anything and most insurance doesn't pay for it and its about $400.
    Anonymous

• I did not do it. I don't do genetic testing at all, we don't have a family history of it and it wouldn't change my mind.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:04 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• It honestly does not change the love you have for your child but it does PREPARE you for anything that may be wrong. I have gotten it done every pregnancy. I think dealing with the news of something wrong is easier to get USED to during pregnancy than to have it sprung on you when you have a newborn to deal with as well as your emotions.
    Nluvwitasailor

Answer by Nluvwitasailor at 9:09 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Don't do it. I had it done and I was one of the many false positives. I spent 2 weeks crying and freaking out that my son might have down syndrome, until we finally found out that he was fine. That was after having an amnio because I didn't want to keep worrying that something might be wrong. We did the test thinking that well if it shows that something's wrong we won't freak out because we know it could be a false positive, that's easier said than done. When I get pregnant again there is no way I will have that test done.
    Sillieguze

Answer by Sillieguze at 8:45 PM on Jan. 15, 2009