God Parents

I am needing help in a creative way to ask our friends (a married couple) to be God Parents to our son that is due at the end of February.

JD08

Asked by JD08 at 7:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• Send them a pic of the ultrasound with the caption"Help Wanted: a person to help me and guide me in life w/God's love"...and then ask if they think they fit the job lol.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:56 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• ooo another one would be invite them over and say lets play a quick game of charades lol and make them guess.this is fun! lol
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• idkkk i just sorta asked my bestfriend since shes already got a daughter that im the godmother of.
    you could make them a cake. idkk im not a craeative person lol
    lovencasper5307

Answer by lovencasper5307 at 7:58 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• you could send them a bundle of joy card and put help wanted our bundle of joy would like you to be his/her god parents. Even though they arent here yet you could make it like they are asking them to step in and be the god parents.
    izzismom08

Answer by izzismom08 at 8:11 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I'm not trying to be the fly in the ointment here. Sometimes I think people get asked to be God Parents and accept thinking it's a title. They don't realize or understand what the duties and obligation the the child they are argreeing to. A God Parent is someone who is willing to make a lifelong obligation to this child to ensure their religios teaching and guidance should the parent not do it or die. It is a serious thing. If someone says thank you for asking but I just can't at this time..please don't get upset. It is better to have someone say that then to say Yeah. ...and then never do anything else. I have seen it happen more than once.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:59 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• You could invite them over for dinner and order a custom shirt online to wear that says on the belly "will you be my godparents?" I think that would be cute.
    Nluvwitasailor

Answer by Nluvwitasailor at 9:06 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Is this your first child? I had a couple in mind that I thought I'd want to raise my children if for some reason husband and I couldn't be here to do it and later I'm so thankful I didn't ask. My baby didn't like them at all lol I still haven't made up my mind who I'd want to raise my kids and one is 8 and the other 3 and I'm still so undecided because there's so much to take in to consideration.
    I like the help wanted thing, but be prepared for both answers because it's a job some of us wouldn't want to commit to.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:13 PM on Jan. 8, 2009