• In the Spotlight:

What do you do with all your Holiday cards?

What do you do with all the holiday cards you receive, after the holidays are over? I always feel guilty throwing them away, but I really don't have room to store all my cards every year.

abigail824

Asked by abigail824 at 7:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I throw them away also and feel guilty, but really, imagine if you kept every card you've ever received . . . I keep all of dd and put them in her baby book though. We just moved here in July, so we gave about 30 cards out to our neighbors . . . only 5 returned cards . . . I am keeping them so next year, I can put their names on the cards . . . they will be the only ones receiving cards next year!!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I keep special ones and photo cards. The rest I use for crafts and homemade cards the next year.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 7:58 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I end up putting them in the box with the Christmas decorations for the year because I feel guilty too, and then when the next Christmas comes and I take everything out I just end up throwing them away. I think hanging on to them for a year makes me feel less guilty!
    Amanda_Jeanne

Answer by Amanda_Jeanne at 7:59 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I keep any pictures that came with them and toss the rest.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 7:59 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I'm making a Christmas album for all the picture cards. I've been saving them for almost 7 years. I swear I'm gonna do it before next Christmas.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 8:00 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I save them for next year in case no one likes me enough to send me anymore...LOL! J/K
    I usually save picture cards and I cut the cute cards with scalloped scissors and use a hole punch to make gift tags for the next year.
    kamsmw

Answer by kamsmw at 8:01 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I am going to make an album, starting with the cards I just got this Christmas, and add the new ones each year. (Only picture cards) My friend has been doing it for 3 years. Its cool to watch your family and friends' children grow!
    Mommy2Dallas731

Answer by Mommy2Dallas731 at 8:03 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I keep the pictures, but throw out the regular cards.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:43 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I'll let my kids cut them up. I'll also cut the pictures out and save them for next year. I make cards with the kids and use the pics from the cards to add to them.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 8:45 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I do'nt do this but friends of ours do. The cut the front of the cards off...then they cut the verses they like out. The next year they buy card stock and make their christmas cards from the old ones. They are always unique and it recycles. I donate mine to the preschool.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:45 PM on Jan. 8, 2009