How do you tame stubborn curly hair?

I have thick, past my shoulders length, naturally curly hair (I am "caucasian") and I've tried so many styling products, from mousse to gel to hairspray, and I never blow dry my hair because I don't want to cause it heat damage. However, no matter what I use, I can't seem to get my curls to look nice, they always look frizzy... does anyone have any good products they swear by or a special way they tame their natural curls to look nice?

Amanda_Jeanne

Asked by Amanda_Jeanne at 7:56 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I have long (almost to my bottom) thick curly hair too.. I've used a million products, I don't like hairspray or gel because i don't like hard or crusty hair. I use PINK hair lotion. You will find it usually with the hair products for black people in generally any store, walmart is where I get mine. It's in a pink bottle, It's great, it takes away frizz, makes my hair shiny and not all over the place.
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 7:59 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• start looking at alot of the hair products they have in stores for black people. You will find that alot of their gels and oils and lotions will be good for your hair. My best friend is black that is how i discovered this by using her hair products. Most of the gels are conditioning gels and have moisturizers in them, they are really good products for thick curly hair like ours.
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 8:01 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• My DIL has thick, coarse curly hair. She has really good results with some stuff called Frizz-Ease hair serum.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:35 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I dont have curly hair but I love biosilk products. It is my miracle anti-frizz secret! They have shampoo/conditioner but my main product I use is the serum, you need a tiny pea size amount when your hair is dry and it works wonders :)
    Nluvwitasailor

Answer by Nluvwitasailor at 8:59 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Go buy a to a salon and or beauty supply store and buy yourself a chi and a bottle of chi fusion!
    trust me.
    Thestacys08

Answer by Thestacys08 at 9:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• If you want to wear your hair curly I highly recommend the book Curly Girl. It helped me a ton with all that. You can also google it to get the abbrivated version. I swear by it. It sounds wierd at first. I hardly ever use shampoo, only when I plan on straigten my hair which is not often.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:40 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Yea there r lots of frizz products, ion has the anti frizz lusterizing cream smoothing polisher which is nice after your hair is dry u could use the brilliance shine spray. It works nice. Good luck.
    milmiracle

Answer by milmiracle at 11:51 PM on Jan. 8, 2009