im sorry but i do NOT want him to go!!!! READ!!!

i feel im right on this one... my SO has braces ( i know hes old for braces typically) he gets them done in mexico beecause its like wayyyyy cheaper by like 500$. well he goes once a month, and its coming to be the time he would go. he drives down there (were in arizona) and he is gone a whole day. There is NO way i can get a hold of him WHAT SO EVER! my due date is in 5 weeks. now that means i can definitely go before that too. i asked him to PLEASE not go. and i guess he skipped last month but i think he is getting them of this month so he needs to go. AM I BEING SELFISH BY ASKING HIM TO WAIT ONE MORE MONTH??? HE WOULD FEEL SO BAD IF HE MISSED THE BIRTH OF HIS FIRST DAUGHTER AND I WOULD BE UPSET TOO. :( I COULD CRY JUST THINKING ABOUT IT.
who agrees that i am right on this one???

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 7:59 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I know how you feel being so close and all but if this is your first baby the the odds of you going early are pretty slim (unless you have a condition or other). I'd let him go, personally. But like I said, I totally understand the anxiety and can't really blame you for not wanting him to go.

Good luck and congrats!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 8:04 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I agree. The chances of an early labor are pretty slim. Also, you'll know before you go into labor thats its coming. Obviously if you were to get up in the morning and having contractions and he still wanted to go THAT day you could be pissed. But otherwise I say let him go.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 8:07 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I would let him go. I agree with the pp on this. Unless you are at risk for preterm labor odds are you arent going to have the baby a month early. Most babies are born the week of your due date up to 10 days later. I say let him go and get his braces off.

Answer by gemgem at 8:08 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I think you're overreacting a little. I'd be a little nervous about him being gone, but since he already missed last month and he may be getting them off, I'm sure he doesn't want to miss this appointment. And what if you're late? Are you going to ask him to skip again? You should just let him go and not make him feel guilty!!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 8:09 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• let him go the odds of you going into labor are slim.
    He will be gone for a short time frame.
    Also,would you rather him be around once the baby is here and his mouth recovered from the adjustments by then?
    JMO~I know your having a baby but he has things to do before hand as well,it's for his health in a way.
    Anonymous

• rather him go now then wait till after the baby is here and new.
    lunamuse89

Answer by lunamuse89 at 8:30 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• It's annoying as hell, but I'd let him go now. Your chances of you going into labor this early aren't that high, but if he waits another month you might still be pregnant and then he REALLY couldn't go. Your probably not going to want him to be unreachable once baby is here, either.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 8:44 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I see where you are coming from BUT I would let him go now because if he waits til next month thats really close to your due date and you are going to need him more when your in labor and have the baby then you do right this second. Maybe you should make a back up plan in case you go into labor.... like having someone video tape it or be your coach if he is stuck out of town and you cant reach him
    izzismom08

Answer by izzismom08 at 8:52 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• He probably wants them off to look good when the baby comes. That way he wont have braces on in all the pictures. Honestly I would let him go.
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 9:20 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• he isnt going for about a nother 3 weeks... he isnt going right now.. ill be 38 weeks when he goes. and a lot of people goin into labor early im not saying i will but it happens.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 11:15 PM on Jan. 8, 2009