tummy time?

how much tummy time should a 6 almost 7 month old be doing during the day.

hiiibriiii

Asked by hiiibriiii at 9:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would say at least an hour. At that age they are going to start pulling themselfs up to crawl. But if they cry just turn them over.
    applepie161987

Answer by applepie161987 at 9:15 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• My Dr. told me to do it whenever you think of it, and no less than 30 minutes per day. (It can be 10 minutes here, 5 minutes there, etc) My son hated it! If your baby hates it, I think it can be replaced with holding him/her upright and letting them strengthen their necks that way. Poor little jello necks! :)
    gabrielsmom619

Answer by gabrielsmom619 at 9:38 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I'd say 15 minuts @ a time and put your hands behind his/hers feet to get them to crawl. But don't be in a hurry for the crawling, remember u r going to have to chace after him/her.
    papai

Answer by papai at 10:22 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Whenever you feel like it... some days you won't have as much time as others. If you find yourself putting the baby in a swing or something, put her on the floor instead.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 11:48 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• 30 minutes a day - can be 30 minutes all at once if the baby wants, if not then you can stretch it out. 10 minutes here and there. Really depends on the baby. If the baby loves tummy time, you can stretch it passed 30 minutes, just be sure you are there at all times!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Jul. 17, 2008