For BF'ing Moms Only..

At what age would you stop BF'ing??

airmom04

Asked by airmom04 at 8:15 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I stopped at 11 months but only because he was using me as a chew toy and I just couldn't get him to stop. I really wish I did it longer, but I just couldn't take the pain.
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 8:17 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I breastfed until all of them were drinking out of a cup on their own. Which was at about 12 months. I didn't bf them at bedtime after about 10 months so they would learn how to relax on their own without needing to nurse. My sisters nursed their babies longer but I think if you follow their lead you will know when it's time.
    cheryl4martin

Answer by cheryl4martin at 8:19 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I BF DD til 11 1/2 months, wanted to go longer but I had to go back to work. All the rest of my children I plan on BF for at least 2 years
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 8:21 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• 11 and 12 months.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 8:23 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• When the child self weans.

Anonymous

• I'll stop at 1 year or when I get pregnant again- I just don't think I could physically handle both pregnancy and nursing because I got so sick with this first pregnancy.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 8:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I went til about 14 months and it was perfect. He had gotten to a point where it was just a few feedings from me and the rest from a sippy cup. I never had to deal with bottles and it was so great! I would say 2 years is far too long. For me it would be more of an attatchment issue at that age. You want them to become independent. But that is just my opinion!
    Nluvwitasailor

Answer by Nluvwitasailor at 8:41 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• i stopped at 7 1/2 months cause she had teeth and she would bite the crap out of me.
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 8:48 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• DD is 14 months and still nurses 8-10 times daily/nightly. I plan on letting her self-wean.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 8:51 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I plan on starting to wean at 12 months although I will still continue at night if he wants to for the immunities.
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 9:00 PM on Jan. 8, 2009