How soon after giving birth ..

.. can you get pregnant again? I've heard that if you're breastfeeding its harder to get pregnant, but I dont necessarily believe that.

InfectiousSmile

Asked by InfectiousSmile at 8:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Right after you give birth is the easiest time to get pregnant...that's why they have you wait six weeks..and then they immediately put you on birth control...so be careful!!
    Anonymous

• everyone is different
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 8:26 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• after giving birth you're alot more likely to get pregnant. My sister inlaw had her baby and a month and half later she was prego again...
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 8:26 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• it is but you can get pregnant while your still bleeding. just because your bleeding doesnt mean anything you can still ovulate thats one reason why your suppsed to wait six weeks and if you dont your supposed to use a condom til your back on birthcontrol. thats why they offer the depo shot before you leave the hospital.
    lovencasper5307

Answer by lovencasper5307 at 8:26 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Breastfeeding is not a for sure form of birth control. For some women it prevents from getting pregnant and for others it doesnt. You can get pregnant from the time you start ovulating again. Ive heard of women getting knocked up again 6 weeks after giving birth. It is SO bad for your body to do this though. They say you need at least a year to build all the vitamins etc you lose during pregnancy.
    Nluvwitasailor

Answer by Nluvwitasailor at 8:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• they dont make you wait 6 weeks thats if you have stiches or a c-section. I know alot of people you didnt have either and could have sex right after its all different
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 8:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• okay food for thought my cousins has sons....nine months apart and ne was born early so she got pregnant 2-3 weeks after having her first I personally cant imagin having sex that soon afterward but...lol
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 8:31 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• It varies, but it can happen at any time. Many, MANY Mommies on here thought breastfeeding was a form of birth control and--surprise--ended up with another baby.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 8:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2009