Ultrasound?

When I go back to the doctor, I'll be 19 weeks and 2 days. I've only had one ultrasound back in October. I havent gained any weight. Still dont look pregnant. I pass out and get dizzy a couple times every couple of weeks, sometimes several times a week. Am I the only one that thinks the doctor should do an ultrasound now? If not just for the purpose of finding out the gender, but to make sure everything is going alright and the baby is growing normally.
I feel it move alot. This is my 2nd pregnancy. My legs hurt horrible, it feels like I've done nothing but work out and run.

lunamuse89

Asked by lunamuse89 at 8:40 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sounds like you have a perfectly normal pregnancy...to ward off the dizziness try to rise and change postions more slowly and be so happy you can feel yours move around already Im 16 weeks and have yet to identify the butterflies but like you I thought 20 weeks is too long to wait Id liek bad news or ven good news sooner btu it the way they do it nowadays leg pain, shooting pains in the right side and vaginal areas, back aches and dizziness are all normal Ive been told ..today in fact...try to relax and congratulations.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 8:45 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I was dizzy and passed out at work... thankfully i worked for cleveland clinic at the time in the ER. Thats when I found out I was pregnant. They told me I was dizzy because I was hypoglycimic(low blood sugar) and my iron was down. Try taking the prenatals and keeping like starburst or some type of candy in your pocket when you start to get dizzy eat a few. It might help. I had a bad pregnancy and ended up having 18 ultrasounds all together. They arent that fun They cant tell the sex of your baby until 24 weeks anyways... so thats probably why your obgyn isnt sending you right now. Hope this helps
    izzismom08

Answer by izzismom08 at 8:49 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Sounds pretty normal to me! The passing out is a less common symptom nowadays but used to be a good indicator of pregnancy years ago. Make sure your OBGYN is aware of all of those issues. You may have low iron or blood sugar. Both of these problems are fairly easy to remedy, but definitely need attention! Are you taking prenatals?

When is your doctor planning on doing the next one? 20 Weeks seems to be the normal time. A lot of women don't gain much for weight at this point (some lose more, actually), so I wouldn't be too concerned about that part, either. Your doctor will let you know if there's a problem with that.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 9:01 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• The doctor hasnt said anythin about ultraounds, gender, my weight, anything. He litteraly pokes my stomach and then leaves.
    Most people at least look pregnant though. I have barely a pudge.
    With my first pregnancy I was getting constant ultrasounds. So maybe I was just prepared for that again
    lunamuse89

Answer by lunamuse89 at 12:12 PM on Jan. 9, 2009