What food to have for a Baptism?

My daughter's baptism is on july 26th I'm still not sure what to have for the reception, does anyone have any ideas?? I was thinking maybe those long subs from subway,Chinese food, maybe Hawaiian. I don't want to have to cook anything.

iri24

Asked by iri24 at 9:17 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Food & Drink

Level 2 (-26 Credits)
  • I would do finger foods and decorate the table with a plastic tablecloth. I would also use plastic cutlery and plates as well as cups. That way when it is time for clean up you can roll everything into the tablecloth and toss it. Simple, easy, inexpensive. You will be able to celebrate the day and not have to worry so much about clean up. Good Luck!
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 10:05 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• honestly all we had was cake and ice cream.....
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 9:24 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• for my daughter we had a 6 foot hero, sausage and peppers, rice, ziti and chicken francese. we had alot of food because we had alot of people.
    bellalatina81

Answer by bellalatina81 at 9:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I'm catholic and ironically we had a brisket, roasted vegetables, jasmine rice, salad and for desert cake.
    papai

Answer by papai at 10:19 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I'd go for the subs. If you want a home-made touch, you can make some easy stuff the night before like potato salad, pasta salad, deviled eggs, etc. Subs are easy, cheap, and don't have to be temp-controlled. Have fun!
    Gotoyourmoms

Answer by Gotoyourmoms at 11:08 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Get a couple of platters with lunch meat and cheese, vegetables, and cake. Wal-Mart offers several nice spreads at reasonable prices.
    Bevner

Answer by Bevner at 11:41 PM on Jul. 16, 2008