when can i have sex?

hi well i gave birth 6weeks ago i had a naturel birth with no epidural or anything.i had stitches for 2 hours and a half so i was pretty damaged
my doctor said that i got really damaged what i would want to know is when can i have sex?and does it hurt?im a gonna suffer?im really putrified and i dont know what to do
did u ever experience that?thanks for reposnding

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• With my 2nd delivery I had an episiotomy and I don't know how many stitches were put in but it was really sore for quite a while and sex was very painful (I overdid it and pulled a couple of stitches). With my 3rd delivery I asked to not be cut and to let it rip if it needed to and it did... but sex wasn't painful after her. So every delivery is different so it's hard to say. Take it slow and just see how it is.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:01 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• i had sex six weeks after my daughter was born but i had not tearing or anything. my best friend had to get stitches tho and she waited 6+ weeks because she said it hurt. Im guessing its gonna hurt no matter what because of how tight it is. its still uncomfortable for me when we start and muy daughters 4 months old just be gentle dont rush it and if it hurts too bad dont be afraid to ask hubby to wait a couple more weeks. he has to understand you just pushed a big old head out of you lol.
    lovencasper5307

Answer by lovencasper5307 at 9:03 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I waited until 4 weeks, but mine wasn't as severe for stitches. It was ok! Use lots of lubrication, it sure helps. You should wait for your Postpartum check up to see if your Dr. gives you a green light since you got really damaged.

Anonymous

• i wouldn't risk it even if it didn't hurt until i got a green light saying it is all healed cause it could cause damage and the pain show up later.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:32 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I WAITED 18 DAYS BUT I DIDNT HAVE ANY STITCHES FOR ME IT DIDNT HURT ALOT IT WAS JUST TENDER.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 9:53 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• My doctor tore me open and i was stitched for 45 minutes and I had sex 2 weeks later. It was not pleasant, but it wasn't painful.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 11:21 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• the doctors normally suggest about 6 weeks... I had sex at about 5 weeks (tried at 3, but wasn't fully healed, so we couldn't)...
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:33 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I would just ask your doctor! Thats what I did. Will put your mind at ease..
    shebearncub

Answer by shebearncub at 3:45 PM on Jan. 9, 2009