What is the best type of bottles to use to reduce spit up .

hannahgc23

Asked by hannahgc23 at 8:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Playtex Vent Aire worked for my dd, and her pediatrician put her on Enfamil Lipil AR...that's Added Rice and it seems to be working
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 8:58 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Breast
    Anonymous

• I use Playtex Drop Ins, and they seem to work pretty well. My daughter only spits up if I don't burp her every few minutes, though. I think a lot of it has to do with how often they get their burps in.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I was not able to breast feed . Didn;t have enough milk due to a disorder i have.. so that wasn;t a option for me
    hannahgc23

Answer by hannahgc23 at 9:43 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• The best that I have found for spitting up and gas is the dr. brown bottles. They are a pain to clean and they are alittle more expencive but they are totally worth it.
    emilyhopesmom

Answer by emilyhopesmom at 9:56 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• i use born free with breast milk and i love them. and theyre bpa free
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I tried a million different bottles, I think most of them have some sort of venting system and claim to reduce colic and spitting up. It all depends on how your baby's mouth fits over the nipple, though, too, so they aren't sucking in air all the time. And burping. And keeping them upright after feeding. If I could get my baby to use them, I'd go with the good old Gerber classics, they are BPA free, have a vented nipple, and are cheap as hell! But she won't so we're using the Born Free expensive ones. They are great, just cost a lot.
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 10:16 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Playtex disposable, press the air out. I used them for breast fed and bottle fed babies. Loved them, easy to keep everything clean, too. Good luck
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 10:41 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Dr Browns worked wonders for our babies tummy troubles. I sent a package to my brother and my neices tummy troubles have also subsided, as well as changing her formula, as she was allergic to milk
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:48 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Dr Brown bottles... I love them even if they have a lot of pieces to wash... it takes like2 minutes more then it would a normal bottles Lol And I read somewhere that they are the safest when it comes to the materials they are made of... the plastic and stuff.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 11:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2009