curious....

I'm 34 weeks along and my Doc i shaving me get a second ultrasound bc my belly measured small he says it sprobably just babys position but i cant help but worry shes too small... I've gained weight well no problems there but what are all the outcomes...i have the ultrasound tomorrow but wont hear any results untill the next week....anyone else had this happen, if its not her position what else could it be???

mocamomma22

Asked by mocamomma22 at 8:58 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It could be that you're not as far along as they once thought you were. Your belly should be measuring the same as the amount of weeks you are along. It could be that, or you could just have a small baby. I don't think its anything to worry about it. If it were, the doctor would be a little more concerned. Good luck!
    HeatherLeigh

Answer by HeatherLeigh at 9:04 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• It could just be that they estimated your due date as too early, simple as that. Or positioning, like your doctor said. Don't read into where your baby measures too much, it can be off one way or the other and be wrong!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 9:04 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• How much under do you measure? How long has it been this way?
    Who is measuring you, same person each time?
    What is baby's position, is it different than last time?
    Do you know when you conceived, do you have average-length cycles?
    Do you have other children? If so, were they born spontaneously, at what gestation?
    When do the women in your family spontaneously deliver (mom, grandma, sister)?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:34 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I wasn't gaining the adequate amount of weight they wanted me to! I was measuring out on the small end. The doctor wanted me to get an ultrasound. So we went in for the ultrasound, and everything was perfectly fine with my daughter, she was just lying differently in my belly! I wouldn't get overly worried about this situation! I'm sure that the outcome will be perfectly fine! Good Luck!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 9:43 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• thanks all .... i measured out right until this last appointment thats why i was confused
    mocamomma22

Answer by mocamomma22 at 10:31 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Thats what I was told a few weeks ago they even schedualed me for 5 weeks of twice a week NSTs I didn't think there was anything worng. when i did the ultrasound and got a second opinion everything was fine and i was right where i needed o be. Whit my first pregnancy they told me I was measuring small and i had to do nsts and more ultrasounds and when my son was born he was almost 8 lbs. I know it's hard but just try not to worry.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 3:54 AM on Jan. 9, 2009