How do you deal with inlaw that doesnt want you to have the baby?????

how should i react? what should i do? any thing will help

tiffanybonn

Asked by tiffanybonn at 9:02 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My FIL was the same way. I could honestly careless what he thought. I was happy and so was my hubby. Thats all that matters.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 9:04 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• If you want it thats all that matters really =}
    Just let them talk.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 9:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Its not their business, It is the DH responsibility to put them in their place. Make it clear to the inlaw that this is YOUR choice and YOUR child and when they are ready to be a positive part of this childs life they are welcome with open arms until then stay the heck away.
    mmharper90

Answer by mmharper90 at 9:06 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Tell them to MYOB it's your choice not theirs!
    Anonymous

• Oh also as soon as I had my daughter my FIL changed his mind about all of it. Now he spoils my daughter every chance he gets. People are weird.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 9:07 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I have recently gone thru this...you first need to ask yourself why this bothers you? I found it was because I at first wondered if I should have my baby so when they said it, it was like the echoed my own doubt.Now that I feel differently,aand not scared anymore, what they think doesn't matter to me .I figure I should feel sorry for them because they will never see this wonderful baby once it is born.People are toxic hon, don't let them make you feel it.
    Anonymous

• DON'T deal with it. People who can't love your child aren't worth your time, in my opinion!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 9:10 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• like my step father he didnt want anything to do with me, my son and my boyfriend and now he is so in love with me son he buys him everything! lolz
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 9:16 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• in laws arent imoprtant to an extent. if they are causing youstress while pregnant stay away. you have a family to think about now. not their problem.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:11 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• sound like minds i refuse to have anything to do with them and if they want to keep up the nasty comments and all after my child comes then they don't have to be in her life its going to be their lose not yours
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 9:24 PM on Jan. 10, 2009