EXCITED!!

I JUST FOUND OUT THAT I'M PREGNANT SO I'M ABOUT 4 WEEKS,I'M SO EXCITED THAT I JUST WANT TO START BUYING BABY THINGS.WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD DO?HAS ANYBODY STARTED SHOPPING THIS EARLY?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well...first and foremost....CONGRATULATIONS!!! But I would wait on buying stuff until about week 16....Not to scare you but I was 14 weeks when I miscarried so I would actually wait....but YAY!!! SO EXCITING!!!!
    bdmartin_81

Answer by bdmartin_81 at 9:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• YAY congrats! I'm almost done with my 3rd pregnancy and EVERY time we have gone out to get stuff right away. You can always start off with non-gender-specific items, like the crib, changing table, dresser. We always started with that and got clothes and other things when we found out what we we're having. Congrats again and have fun!!!
    KrystleShaw2007

Answer by KrystleShaw2007 at 9:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Congratulations! If I were you I wouldn't start buying until after your first trimester but that's so exciting!
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 9:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• That depends. If (heaven forbid) something were to happen to this baby, would you be trying again right away? Then it may not be so bad to have a nursery started, though it might be hard for you to look at.

I waited a couple of months to start buying things, and I started with gender neutral clothing. i shopped the clearance racks at Baby Gap and got some great stuff! I didn't buy anything else until I was much further along, but I started researching right away, finding the best car seats, furniture, toys, etc. There's a lot you can do before spending any money!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 9:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Congratualations!! I wouldn't start buying things for the baby until your second trimester! I started buying when I first found out, and then I had a MC right at 12 weeks! Just to be on the safe side!! Really exciting tho!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 9:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Do yourself a favor and wait a little while before getting baby things. Although it is exciting to look and buy, maybe you should start a little savings account. Wait until you see a dr and get some time under your belt. Don't stress out about this, but it is best to be cautious in the first three months. If something is going to go wrong, usually it is in the beginning. Just think, whatever you are able to save will make an awesome shopping spree!
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 9:41 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I would steer clear of universal clothing. I was told boy then girl then boy then girl so I bought universal, and I am finding myself kind of disappointed at some of her clothes. I had to take a lot of stuff back, but most places are Nazis with returning. Girl clothes are so much fun. I would buy diapers, its a sure thing your baby will need those! Buy size 1. They are in those for a while, no matter the birth weight. Buy things like binkys, bibs, baby spoons, things like that. Also, I recommend swaddlers. You should look into those. You can also start a registry (but dont tell anyone). Its really fun to add things, and shop for things. Dont tell anyone about it until close to your shower though. :) Have fun and CONGRATULATIONS!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 9:53 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• i would wait a little while but when i first found out i wa looking online at things like pottery barn kids andbabies r us just imagining what it would be like if it was a boy or girl. just spend some time getting ideas and have fun! congratulations!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:09 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• with both my pregnancy i went and got a baby toy and that was it till i knew everything was ok
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 9:21 PM on Jan. 10, 2009