Just wondering!

My son is almost 5 months old and he had his 4 month check up weds. he had gained over 5 lbs since his 2 month check up but only grew 1/2 an inch since then... has anyone else had that problem and does that mean he'll be short and round like me??... he's turning into a Rolly Polly, HELP!! lol

apeclark2008

Asked by apeclark2008 at 9:26 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You'll notice over the next decade or so... he'll pack on weight and just as he starts to look short and round, he'll shoot up overnight and suddenly look tall and skinny.

Also, it's WAY too early to make any predictions about future height or weight. The earliest most calculators will use for height is 2 years.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:29 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Truthfully you won't be able to tell, what his height will be tell he get older and is around kids his age.Will it bother you if he is your height?

Answer by louise2 at 9:35 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• no... I'll just feel sorry for him coz im the SHORTEST one in my family other than the kids under 10 and they r gaining on my fast! lololol!!! I More asked the question coz i wasn't sure if it was nromal for him to only grow a half an inch in 2 months... it kinda worried me...
    apeclark2008

Answer by apeclark2008 at 9:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• My daughter is the opposite--she barely gains weight but grows an inch every day it seems :) I think it's just body type and you won't be able to tell for sure until he's older. I love little roly poly babies, I wish my daughter were a little chunkier!
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 10:11 PM on Jan. 8, 2009