getting rid of cradle cap

pamnbraden

Asked by pamnbraden at 9:34 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What I did was put baby oil on his head about 20-30 minutes before bath time & then scrub his head real good (but still gently), and after about 3 times it was gone.
    proudmama2772

Answer by proudmama2772 at 9:35 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• when mine were small I took baby oil and rubbed in their hair then used the baby brush and out it came. After you do this gently peel the flakes away
    neenee4

Answer by neenee4 at 9:37 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I used Mineral Oil. After about a 1/2 hour to 45 mins. you brush the flakes out with the baby brush.
    bellalatina81

Answer by bellalatina81 at 9:40 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I actually used vasoline because i didnt have baby oil then i took a fine tooth comb and comb it out
    it worked really well
    muslimmom

Answer by muslimmom at 9:57 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I took a soft tooth brush and just used it when I washed his hair with baby shampoo, I couldnt use baby oil or mineral oil bc my son would get acne from it(he had sensitive skin)but Ive also heard that worked.
    StaceeyL

Answer by StaceeyL at 10:15 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Baby oil, baby lotion, do it b4 bath to losen it, use a fine comb but be careful w/ the soft spot and their scalp. They even sell especif stuff @ babies r us and walmart.
    papai

Answer by papai at 10:16 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Half a cap ful of medicated selsun blue works wonders. My kids pediatrician recommended it for both my kids.
    CassieLee85

Answer by CassieLee85 at 10:48 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Olive oil works great, too.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 11:04 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Baking soda mixed in with the shampoo to make a paste. Scrub in and rinse out. It won't hurt their eyes like dandruff shampoos. And it makes their hair sooo soft, it's crazy.
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 11:19 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• My peditician told me to use Selesian Blue shampoo, very carefully, and it always worked. You have to make sure you do not get it in their eyes. Once it's gone use it about once a week and it keeps it gone, I found the oils made their hair to greasy looking.
    shoegal

Answer by shoegal at 11:20 PM on Jul. 16, 2008