What's Really Going On - Is my husband having an affair over the phone?

My husband has a child outside our marriage, before we were married. He and his baby mother were not friends when his son was a minor and now that he is 25 they have suddenly in the last 4 months they have became the best of friends. He constantly calls her on his cell and sends text messages all day long. What's Really Going On? She sends him a text can you talk and he calls her. He says they are only friends but he's very secretative with the calls and emails. You can tell when he's talking to her because his voice gets low. What's Really Going On? He spends over 10 hours a day on the phone with her, What's Really Going On? When he's on the phone with her and I call either he does not click over and answer my call or he rushes me off the phone to talk to her. What's Really Going On? They are not in the same town - about 3 hours from each other.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• Have you asked him if they are just friends then why the frick is he spending so much time talking to her?? I understand they have a child together, so they should talk. But 10 hours a day is too much. Sounds like you have some thinking and questioning to do.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:01 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Sounds suspicious to me! If he doesn't want you hearing the conversation, I'd be finding out why not! What possible reason could they have to need to talk to each other now that their child is grown?
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 10:04 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• My Hubby actually did this with an ex. I found pictures on his cell and found out he had been calling her and texting and emailing. She lives far away but still. I'm sorry I know how frustrating and hurtful it is. Confront him about it. Tell him its hurting your marriage. He will listen.
    Anonymous

• 10 hours a day??? That's just crazy! I'd be suspicious!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:06 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• HE COULD BE. I WENT THROUGH THIS AND IT NEEDS TO STOP NOW COLD TURKEY OR IT MAY GET WORSE. I FEEL YOUR PAIN. I WILL PRAY FOR YOU. KEEP YOUR HEAD UP. YOU ARE SPECIAL AND DONT LET HIM WALK OVER YOU LIKE THIS. THIER CHILD IS GROWN. THERE IS NO NEED FOR THEM TO TALK NO MORE THAN 10 MIN OR SO , AND NOT EVERYDAY! IF THERE IS A PROB.
    Anonymous

• Doesn't he work?

Answer by admckenzie at 10:21 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• 10 hours a day! theres definitely something there. you need to tell him it makes you uncomfortable and to stop
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 10:39 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• You need to talk to your husband, and tell him frankly... it's me or her! If he continues to call her even after this... I would simply call her and tell her to back off. If that doesn't work.. pack your bags and leave him. You deserve respect, and by what he's doing.. he's disrespecting you, and you need respect to keep a healthy relationship... without, he's not worth it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:19 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• HES MOST LIKELY CHEATING ON YOU.
    FIND A BETTER MAN
    WITH MONEY AND A JOB.
    Anonymous

• i had the same situation...my bf used to talk to this girl behind my back,he used to always want to call her she would want to call him,he wouldnt call me back he would make excuses and i dealt with so much pain..she didnt even leave close either,she lives about 2 1/2 hours away.
    i later on went through his pants pockets that were in the room and found the numbers he had written down,it said wifey next to the girls number and name..
    i asked im about it then he said he didnt even write wifey...which im not stupid it was his own hand writing...anyways..one day he left his myspace still logged on in my house and i read everything they would write..i got really sad,but he said they dont talk no more..i decided to give him another chance since were having a kid next month
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 11:51 PM on Jan. 8, 2009