Had my baby...still leaking? :-/

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I just went with the pregnancy category?

I had my 2nd baby 2+ weeks ago and only breastfed for the first 2 days. I went through engorgement within a few days of bottle feeding, but I am still leaking like crazy! With my first, I swear I was dried up by 2 weeks after switching to the bottle.

It's not just minor leaking either...I can feel the letdown every time my baby cries or when I'm cuddling her. Why hasn't it stopped and is there anything I can do to help it stop?? I'm small-chested and tired of wearing a bra 24/7!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It is happening because your body is trying to tell you that it produces milk for a reason - to feed your baby.
    Count yourself lucky since so many women claim they "couldn't" breastfeed because of not enough milk. This is the perfect reason to reintroduce the breast!
    Here's a link to help you make sure you get the best latch:
    http://www.breastfeeding.com/helpme/helpme_images_latchon.html
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 10:16 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Breast feed that baby ;)
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 10:16 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I've been there! It was so painful. I dealt with that for 3 weeks and finally the dr had to give me a prescription to make it dry up. They don't usually like to prescribe this, though, because it has a risk of causing strokes. So! I would suggest a few things, If you are NOT going to breastfeed. Remember those ice bags that came in the formula bag? Freeze them. I had two sets, and used one set and froze the other set. Wear a bra all of the time. Put the ice packs on top of your bra and have someone bandage you in, tight. Do not let them leak while you are showing, it will take longer to dry up. Use Motrin for the pain. If this prolongs for more than a few days, make a call to the doctor to let them know you are still experiencing this. I'm sorry! The first two pregnancies I had I experienced this, and honestly, that is one of the reasons I breast fed the last two. Good luck.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 10:20 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Breast feed her....youre so lucky that youre producing that much milk..If youre dead set against it then put cold cabbage leaves on your breasts. Break the "vein" in the leaves and press them against your breast for like 15 minutes. It should relieve you a little. But I say breastfeed her. So much healthier for both of you!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:31 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• You should really breatsfead her cause your getting so much milk! your truly blessed with that. A lot of women cant do it cause they dont get enough. You should look at the link that momma posted up there for ya. I think its the best thing for you and your baby!
    russian-mommy

Answer by russian-mommy at 10:41 PM on Jan. 8, 2009