Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

7 Month old with digestive troubles...

Well, we've had lots of trouble with our daughter's formula and her poor little tummy. She's been through the ringer when it comes to all the different types of formula. Well, we finally settled on Enfamil A.R. and she did wonderful for a couple months, then was plauged by chronic diarrhea. That's when we went to Enfamil LactoFree and it got better. So we assume she has a lactose intolerance(as does her dad) She's been on it for about 2 months with no problems until the last week and a half or so. She's having the diarrhea again. I have not introduced any new foods. She's also been spitting up, which I know some is normal, but she wasn't spitting up at all. She's had rice cereal added to her formula since she was about 8 weeks old, and I haven't changed the amount I use or anything. She spits up probably 10-15 times every day. No fever. I'm lost.

Answer Question

Asked by Mommy2Macy at 10:16 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Maybe you need to try soy. Milk is hard on babys tummy. If she spittin up are you burping her enough? maybe switch bottles? I use Born Free bottles with breastmilk and mine never spits up. Maybe she just has a really bad reflux problem. Try the soy.

    Answer by calliesmommie at 10:22 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

  • My son had major issues as well. Try nutramigen. She may be sensative to the protein. Nutramigen is hella expensive but is lactose free and the proteins are already partially broken down. NOW if she STILL has problems on nutramigen and cries when she is pooping she may have an intolerance to protein rather than lactose or both. This where my son is at. He is on a formula called neocate which has amino acids instead of proteins and he is doing much better BUT the catch is it's $47.54 a CAN! So, it sounds like your are on the right track with seeing improvement with the enfamil AR I would go up to nutramigen and see if that helps. Please feel free to message me for more help

    Answer by humaniterian87 at 10:43 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

  • I would visit a chiropractor.

    Answer by Waxing_Lyrical at 11:48 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

  • huh?

    Answer by Mommy2Macy at 12:42 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.