what does 'let down' feel like?

Should every woman feel it? I have been breastfeeding and pumping and still haven't experienced this. Can someone explain?

xxprittykittyxx

Asked by xxprittykittyxx at 10:17 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never felt a letdown.
    Samantha19

Answer by Samantha19 at 10:18 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• not everyone notices.

for me its a slight burning and tingling in my breasts for about 30 seconds.
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 10:19 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I didn't feel "letdown" for a while actually. she was probably 2.5 months old before I actually felt it. It feels like a really strong tingly feeling. If she nursing on one side I will feel it on both then I know that the milk is coming. You'll know it when you feel it.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:19 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I know for every woman it is different. For me it is a burning and tingling sensation like a previous post mentioned. A friend doesn't feel anything, and I know that is totally normal, too!
    MommyJanelle

Answer by MommyJanelle at 10:22 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I felt burning/tingling around my armpit area. It was painful at first but I've gotten used to it.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:28 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I only felt it when I was really really full and needed to pump badly. It felt like a light burning/warm sensation moving down my breasts
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 10:39 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I never noticed.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 11:01 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Mine hurt like CRAZY!! If my baby would cry, I would get a letdown and WOW I sure knew it! My breasts would both fill up with milk and it hurt every time it came in!! In spite of it, I breastfed all my kids except my son. because he was in NICU and my milk dried up.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 11:02 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I describe it as the pins and needles feeling you get when you're leg or limbs fall asleep
    Elijahsmommy9

Answer by Elijahsmommy9 at 11:19 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• This gonna sound weird so im posting anon, but I always liked the feeling of Let Down. Its tingly and warm, and whenever I'd feel it, it made me proud of my body , because I knew that it was doing the best thing for my baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Jan. 9, 2009