What are good instruments for a 9 year old, a 5 year old, and a 4 year old to play?

I have 6 kids. One plays bass, one plays drums, one does vocals. What can the other 3 do?

Julianna6

Asked by Julianna6 at 9:37 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Entertainment

• Keyboard would probably be age appropriate for the 9 year old. I'm not sure about the 4 & 5 year olds. Maybe they could be backup singers ;)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:47 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• RECORDERS!!! That would be cute :) Better get some Advil ;)
    gabrielsmom619

Answer by gabrielsmom619 at 9:49 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• A kazoo, or maybe a tamborine... something that they can do with their hands... For kids that age I think all they care about is being noisy anyway. Good for you to encourage them!!!! I think it is an awesome idea!
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 9:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Both of my kids take piano lessons, they are 6 and 8. My 8 year old has been taking guitar for almost 2 years and my husband is also teaching him how to play trumpet.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 7:31 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• My daughter took guitar lessons. The instructor quit this past spring so we haven't been able to take her to any lessons lately. She enjoys the guitar. I would think piano lessons would be great too.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 9:46 AM on Jul. 17, 2008