Sideways toes ?

My 3 year old daughters pinky toe and next toe over on both feet lie sideways, the nails face the outside of the foot, rather than straight up. When she is sitting or laying down, they look normal. But when she is standing, they are completely sideways, and very curved. Does anyone know why they do that? She is super clumsy, could this be why??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Nov. 26, 2011 in Kids' Health

• indeed, you shold talk to her pedi!
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 8:33 PM on Nov. 26, 2011

• My daughter and I both have hammer toes. It;s the one next to the big toe on both feet. I would try a podiatrist.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 8:53 PM on Nov. 26, 2011

• My husband is an orthotisit and wants to know if her ankles go to the outside when she stands, meaning do they curve in? He thinks you should get an exam by a orthopedic doctor,, it could be as easy as getting some inserts or shoes for her,,
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:04 PM on Nov. 26, 2011

• Hammer toes, I have them on both feet, it runs in my family. Supposedly they can fix it by breaking the toe and putting a small metal rod in the toe to straighten it, but they won't cause her problems. My mom wanted me to get mine fixed bc she thinks they are ugly, but they don't bother me at all.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 9:10 PM on Nov. 26, 2011

• He wanted me to tell you that an orthopedice pediatrician is the only one who would be able to diagnose this the right way,, he didn't mean to suggest that IT would be a simple solution just that it could be.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:52 PM on Nov. 26, 2011

• Kimi gave you the best advice.
    daps

Answer by daps at 5:44 AM on Dec. 3, 2011