Do you get birthday cards for your kids to give to their teachers?

My sons kindergarten Teacher has a b-day coming up is it ok to get a card for my son to give her? My sister said its brown- nosing.

DEBANDJERSMOM

Asked by DEBANDJERSMOM at 10:41 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• It's always appreciated by teachers to get cards from their students. If your son really likes his teacher then send it. It's not brown nosing unless you also send an expensive gift to go with it or wash their car or something...LOL My sons took homemade cards to their teachers when they were in Elementary. They're in High School now and my oldest son (a Senior) took fresh baked cookies for one of his teachers for their birthday before Christmas break. He wasn't brown nosing and he and the teacher have a great classroom relationship. Send it - it's a nice thing to do : )
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 10:47 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• No.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• i'd leave it up too your child if he wants too then let him
    Anonymous