Question for creationists

I wanted to pose a question to those who do not believe in the theory of evolution. What specifically about evolution do you reject? Do you reject the idea of evolution only as it applies to humans, or do you reject the entire notion of organisms undergoing changes over time?

If you reject the entire notion of organisms undergoing change over time, how do you account for changes that can be seen in simple life over the course of our own observations? For instance scientists currently observe genetic drift and shift in viruses... the CDC constantly analyzes the DNA of flu viruses to see genetic changes that help them predict anything from what viruses are likely to circulate so they can create a vaccine against them to what viruses need monitoring because of their risk of sparking pandemics. If organisms don't change over time, what causes these changes to viruses?

\

Freela

Asked by Freela at 10:42 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I agree with the thinking presented on this site:  http://www.answersingenesis.org

dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:47 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Just wanted to add that I am not wanting to bash or argue... I'm just curious about what the other perspective is because on a personal level I find the interplay of constant 'one-upmanship' between viruses and the immune system as a pretty convincing argument for evolutionary adaptation.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:47 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Thank you for the link.... I read the section on viruses (since that pertained to my original question) and found it interesting. This is exactly what I'm looking for... what opposing theories creationists hold to explain empirical evidence in the real world. Very interesting!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:55 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I have to agree with you on that.. I'm not against the theory of evolution, because it can be found in simple things, like you have listed above... the people that refuse to see it are mostly close minded people that believe only what they want to believe because that's the way they were raised and they won't take anything else as a possibility... TRUST ME... I've heard from a lot of them on my posts. It amazes me sometimes that people won't pick up a book, because they are too afraid they might learn something that contradicts what they believe... it's just ignorance though... now... I'm not saying I'm soo intelligent. lol... because I'm not... but I do research much of what I don't understand... and learn from it. Thank you for the post... was a good read.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:56 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• according to the museum of creationism, the majority only reject the idea of evolution of humans. They have a whole exhibit showing the evolutionary tree of animals and a straight line for humans.

not my belief at all, just saw that on 17 Kids and Counting when they visited the museum.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous

• I can accept the idea of evolutionary adaptation of organisms, which would take place over a relatively short period of time. However, the idea that human life evolved from lower forms of life over millions of years is very unlikely. Evolution is a theory, that at it's heart, is a Godless system in which life began as a random event. Meaning that there was no purpose, no reason, no plan, it just happened. There is a difference between an evolutionary adaptation in organisms and animals and a full change from one species to another.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:08 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• BlessedMommy64 - hate to break it to you but just because I believe in the Theory of Evolution, doesn't make me Godless. I am a Christian. I just believe God created the beginnings of life and it evolved from there. The changes from one thing to another was a slow process, that's why it took many million years to get from one to the other. The small changes were just like the ones you accept with the smaller organisms. It's just you look at the grand scale of the total changes from the original organism to the final product and you have something completely different because it ADAPTED. I also believe that it is God that guides these adaptations in the organisms.
    Anonymous

• adding to what I just said - did you know that the black peoples' flatter noses is an adaptation to the hotter climate of Africa where they originated? It allows them to get more air intake in hotter weather where as the slimmer noses of northern (aka white) people who lived in colder climates was to allow less cold air into the body. Please explain these adaptations with the bible.
    Anonymous

• keep in mind though that your creationism belief (not even a theory because theories have some facts behind them) states that all life started with Adam and Eve who were the same so how did we get all the races?
    Anonymous