• In the Spotlight:

TMI question... don't read if you are easily offended by bodily functions :o)

I'm wondering what exactly causes so much gas during pregnancy? The past few weeks I have been a nonstop gas factory, I have to keep stifling my burps and leave the room often if the gas is trying to escape the other end. I'm 16 wks along, so I'm curious if the gas eventually goes away or am I doomed to be a musical wind machine until the baby is born?? (I don't eat a lot of gas-inducing foods either, such as beans or broccoli... so I'm super confused!)

Amanda_Jeanne

Asked by Amanda_Jeanne at 11:14 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I heard on THE DOCTORS show that a fluctuation of any kind in hormones can cause gas, diarrhea and a host of other changes in your body. Hormones definitely fluctuate during pregnancy!

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:20 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Along with hormones, my guess would be because your intestines and everything inside is getting squished up to make room for the baby.
    Anonymous

• lol it does go away... after you have the baby ;p for now just laugh it off
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• trust me it just gets worse just go behind someone else so that way when it escapes you can blame it on them lol also try to cut back on the fiber that will cause even more gas ewwww
    Anonymous