Baby Pageant

Does anyone on Cafe mom put their baby in pageants? I want to start but im not exactly sure how to. Oh and where do you buy your pageant dresses for your baby.

MiasMommy6908

Asked by MiasMommy6908 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Shopping

• OMG!!! Please tell me you are joking! I think putting babies in pageant is so cruel!! Please don't do it. Have you ever been to a pageant? Seriously think about this before you do it! It is a bunch of fat ugly women who put makeup on a baby and polyester dresses and glitter. That is an awful thing to put a baby through! Put your money towards a college fund for your daughter instead.
    Anonymous

• I think its cute! And yes I was in them when i was a baby! N my mom isn't fat and ugly lol!! Dont stereotype
    MiasMommy6908

Answer by MiasMommy6908 at 11:28 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• OMG.. dnt post n e thing to this if ur gonna bash. I ask if anyone knew were to buy dresses not your point of view lol
    MiasMommy6908

Answer by MiasMommy6908 at 11:30 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• The only issue I have with pageants is that you are letting someone else judge whether or not you have a beautiful child. Some ugly child with sunless tanner on and too much makeup usually wins. The most natural looking pretty child never does.
    Anonymous

• I don't have an issue with pageants as long as you don't make it the center of the kids life lol. I think they are cute, and once you do one you will know if it is right for you. Here's a site with cute dresses http://bethanysboutique.virtualave.net/page0010.html. Here's a site with some information about baby pageants too: http://www.ourcutebabies.com/articles/baby-modeling/basic-baby-pageants.html. Just make sure you BOTH are having fun with it =D
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:08 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I haven't done the pageants but I have seen quite a few dresses on ebay. If you can't find what you want then they have a Want it Now section you can post what you are looking for.

You could also try craigslist, although I haven't seen any in our area.

Good luck
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 2:36 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Whats wrong with pageants? As long as you dont overdo it there shouldnt be anything wrong with it. Yeah, some mothers put makeup on them and do extravagant things with their hair, but it doesnt mean that you have to. In answer to the actual question, I am not 100% on how to get started, but I have also considered beauty pageants if I have a little girl. I think its adorable if done properly.
    medmaster2006

Answer by medmaster2006 at 10:52 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I see lots of pagaent wear on ebay!
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 11:05 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Hey there, My Girl USA is an awesome pageant/program that is so different from the others. It is not based on superficial beauty but instead based on what a child does to better her community. Even Baby Miss and Toddler Miss Delegates make appearances at community events with their families to encourage community involvement! It is a great, wholesome program spreading the "right" message. There are NO application fees for any levels. The website www.mygirlusa.com has all the info you'll need. Read through it to see if the program is right for your daughter.
    mygirlinfo

Answer by mygirlinfo at 12:40 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Start with your Local pageants first, then check out required qualifications for State and Nationals, too.
    There are pageants that DON'T allow make-up on your child.
    They require that your child be Natural.
    Even in what they wear. The local compations are usually judged on regular street cloth.
    Try newstardiscovery , ages 0 mos. - 6 y/o.
    Good Luck : )
    LoneStar3

Answer by LoneStar3 at 12:40 PM on Jan. 29, 2009