I started my 3 weeks old baby on Infamil is it ok if i changed to Sililac?

Now she is spitting up and have sever rash on her neck, but i am unsure if it is baby acne?

tash_gaba

Asked by tash_gaba at 9:53 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son was doing that and it turned out he was allergic to milk. We switched him to a soy formula and all that cleared up right away.
    rosewolfkin

Answer by rosewolfkin at 10:02 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• yes in fact becouse i get wick i had to start iff with similac and then change and my twins did not have a problem just be prepared for a littleextra in the diaper for 1 or 2 days
    lovelyme1006

Answer by lovelyme1006 at 10:19 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Same with my baby and the first answwr you got. We supplemented with Enfamil once and she drank it fine but particularly at night, my daughter has a sensitivity to milk so if I find she spits up to muck of her dinner, I give her the soy similac with iron and she's never had a problem going back and forth between that and breastmilk, if thats what you plan to do :)
    Hannah-Belle

Answer by Hannah-Belle at 11:04 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• You should take her to the doctor to get the rash checked out for just in case. It could be that she is allergic to the new formula. As far as the spitting up, it may be upsetting her stomach. If there's a medical reason why she can't handle the new formula, WIC will switch it back, but usually with a prescription from your physician. That's what we had to do with my son.
    Marisa940

Answer by Marisa940 at 1:33 AM on Jul. 17, 2008