Do most of the relationship questions make YOU feel grateful?

I read these questions and I try really hard to give advice or offer support. But for about 75% of them I just feel like banging my head on the wall. 1) it makes me realize how normal and healthy my relationship is with my husband. 2) it makes me sad to see how many women allow themselves to be treated like crap and fall in to that stereotypical woman role. 3) it infuriates me to see women act like one wrong move by their man and it's kick him to the curb...the bitchy woman stereotype.

Are there still other happy healthy couples out there? Am I the only one that just wonders why everyone is so messed up or why everyone is so rushed to play the divorce card?

munch12502

Asked by munch12502 at 11:23 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• I read some of these questions, and am just like WTF?!?! I have a wonderful relationship, and realize not everyone does, but some of these things are just plain silly. After going through an abusive relationship, I know how horrid it can be, but some of these women are more interested in our opinions than doing something for the safety of them and their families. I try to help when I can, bust some questions just make me shake my head...like the high school-ish fights over cell phones and myspace!
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 11:31 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I agree with you 100%. I am so grateful I have a wonderful, loving, caring husband.
    xBuriedx13

Answer by xBuriedx13 at 11:33 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Nope, I wonder the same thing. I just got married this past March, and it was to a guy who is my best friend, known him for years - we grew up on the same street even, just a couple houses away! And being with him every single day sometimes drives me nuts! But I see some of the stuff on here and realize I have it GOOD - he's respectful, sweet, caring, supportive, and tries very hard to be a good man, husband, and father. Yeah he can be a real jerk sometimes, but we all can. I see the stuff on here and it makes me see how lucky I am and yeah, it makes me wonder what is going on! Maybe it's just that most people with good relationships don't have to ask a lot of questions like you see on here; like how bad reviews on stores get spread quicker than good ones.
    rosewolfkin

Answer by rosewolfkin at 11:33 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• i think if its a big enough problem for them to ask a bunch of strangers over the internet, its something thats really bothering them and they need help reaching a decision. consider yourself lucky if you have a good thing :] i do, but it doesnt mean i cant help other people with their problems
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:40 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I can't help but wonder if women are expecting too much from their men sometimes. If you're expecting THAT much from him you'd better be spreading yourself thin to make everything as pleasant for him as possible. If you wanna be forgiven for your problems....then give them a little slack too.

But use your brain. If he's an abusive jerk freaking put your health and life and the life of your children first and make rational decisions.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:47 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• REALTIONSHIPS...
    EITHER WAY YOUR SCREWEWEEEWEWED.
    Anonymous

• its hard to make rational decisions when love is involved :]
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:55 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Yes! I agree with you 100%. Half the time when I get off of Cafemom, I go straight to give my husband a hug and kiss. He knows by now when I have been reading relationship questions/journals/etc. LOL
    sandra1023

Answer by sandra1023 at 12:11 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Yes, I feel very lucky. I have a great guy that is always there for me, treats me with respect, doesn't lie to me, cheat on me or abuse me. I have yet to understand why some women make the decision to stay with men that treat them like crap.....It boggles my mind.
    Dark_Princess_2

Answer by Dark_Princess_2 at 12:14 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• My husband and I have our issues, but nothing that would warrant divorce. Or even the thought of it. I agree that some people are too quick to jump to that conclusion. And often reading some of the questions on here does make me feel lucky.
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 12:15 AM on Jan. 9, 2009