What do you feed your two year old?

My daughter is over 2 years old and she is such a picky eater!! I try to feed her as healthy as possible but I really need some helpful ideas for meals. She likes fruits, and snacks on them alot threw the day, but when it comes to meals, she'll just eat her corn, or just the mac and cheese, and any other side item. Most times she'll just want cereal. I feel sometimes like a bad mom because I dont think I feed her very good. What do your kids eat?

kayliesmommy

Asked by kayliesmommy at 11:33 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son eats the same way he is 2. I asked the doctor about this and he said to feed him what he will eat.
    BubblesB

Answer by BubblesB at 11:35 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Picky eating is hard to deal with so I would suggest that if you only give her healthy food she'll have to eat it at some stage because there simply is no other option.
    Fruit, Vegetables, Yohgurt, home made dips like hommus, whole wheat biscuits, porridge, meats (you can cut them up and serve the cold), cold eggs, cheese etc...
    Waxing_Lyrical

Answer by Waxing_Lyrical at 11:38 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I would offer her the good food that you prepare for the rest of your family. If you make roast, green beans and carrots, then offer these as well. I would never make any mention of the food. Having had picky eaters with my first two, and then having learned a few good hints from my new pediatrician with the second two, helped our family have great eaters at the table. :) Remember, too that snacks keep a toddlers tummy just full enough that they don't feel the hunger, and small children don't eat if they aren't hungry. Snacks, even if they are "good" are commonly offered to little guys, but I've found them to be more of a deterrent. :) Hope this helps give you some good ideas of your own. :)

lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 11:38 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I have a picky 2 and 3 year old. I found that they will eat more meat, cheese, veggies etc if it's put in a flour tortilla shell, folded over and crisped up in a dry skillet, and cut into 4 wedges. (like a quesadilla)(sp?) I often give them a little sour cream, salsa, ranch dressing , or something like that to dip it in. They will unknowingly eat chicken, spinach, shredded carrots, cheese, broccoli and almost anything else that goes in there. They will also eat it as a soft taco too with eggs, cheese, spinach and other things.

Another thing I found that they will eat is steamed broccoli and cauliflower mashed up with a small amt. of mayo or Miracle Whip and shredded carrots, and grilled on wheat bread like you would do a grilled cheese sandwich.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:44 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• She eats whatever I'm eating. In our house they eat what I cook or go without and that goes for the 2yo, too. I refuse to raise picky eaters (although my oldest will just choose to go without instead of eat what I make half the time...she's a pain).
    Today my 2yo had grilled turkey and cheese with baby carrots on the side for lunch (she was super excited about the carrots and I didn't even offer her ranch dressing this time...that would have been a big treat for her). For dinner we had pork roast, mashed potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower & carrots and asparagus and she ate everything on her plate. (amazingly, so did my oldest, lol).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:12 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• my DS is picky while my DD is not....so i usually give him what we are having and hoping he tries it lol...but he has gottne a little better he ate fish sticks the other day and i was so excited lol...but he LOVES fruit eh not so many veggies though when cookes...raw though he will eat them up :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Hahahahahah. Mine is the same way.
    I just roll with it. She gets a little bit of everything through the day, so I don't worry too much.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 2:40 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• My two year old eats what we eat. He's refused to eat because he didn't want it, and thats fine. If you put something in front of them, they'll eventually eat. Children know what hunger is from the day they're born. They won't let themselves go hungry for very long and will take what is offered. (My two year old eats EVERYTHING- he LOVES hot stuff, but his favorites are potatoes and cheese)
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 10:14 PM on Jan. 10, 2009