Should you support other mom's in Business?

If you are in business and Jane is also, but she doesn't support your business. Should you continue to buy from Jane or should you find someone that is going to support you?

How do you feel about that. Should you support Jane or tell her to find someone else or will you continue to buy from her and hope that she will eventually buy from you?

SimplyCreative

Asked by SimplyCreative at 11:35 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• I am in direct sales and I will buy from someone once but if they don't buy back in return I will not do it again. So far I have had really good luck doing it this way!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 7:50 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• If she were my friend, then I would definately suggest that we "swap" buying from each other. All in all though, I think all moms should support each other in business...........
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 11:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I guess I would suggest we help each other out. Unless you are selling the same products, then it's virtually impossible.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:42 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• If she won't buy, than she should at least refer potential customers.

mooshiesmom

Answer by mooshiesmom at 11:52 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I guess it depends on what is being sold. If you're selling something and she's buying it from someone other than you, yet you're buying from her, then she should probably buy from you. It also depends on how good friends you two are...
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:28 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• well, if she has something I need, I will buy from her... but if I'm selling things she doesn't need or can't afford, I would not be mad if she didn't buy things off of me... but you could suggest she help you advertise...
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:48 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I look at it this way- I am in my business by me for me and I cannot "count" on friends business forever. I need to build a clientele and business that will succeed even if NONE of my friends buy from me- ever. Is it nice if friends support you in the beginning and every now and then- yes of course, but it shouldn't feel like an "obligation."
    Friendship is friendship and business is business. Not everyone likes everything- even if they are your best friend. If "Jane" sells something you like, need or want it would be respectful to be a loyal customer- the same way you would if you didn't have your own business.
    And as fellow business people it would be courteous and good business practice for both people to share ideas, referrals, etc- however as friends it shouldn't be a requirement, IMO.
    lanimommy81

Answer by lanimommy81 at 3:43 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I agree with lanimommy81-Great Answer
    Being in business myself. I have many friends who don't support or buy from me. That doesn't make or break my Business. As lanimommy81 said. It shouldn't be a requirement. We all don't buy from the same store or purchase the same cars.
    usanamama

Answer by usanamama at 5:32 AM on Jan. 9, 2009