What feeding schedule is your one year old on?

I have heard people asking me why she isn't on whole foods. I didn't even know she was suppose to. She's going to be a year in 2 weeks. She still drinks two formula bottles and eats jars of food twice a day. Also, her two bottom teeth are all the way in and her top two are just starting to come in. What are yall feeding your one year olds?

Kenzies_momma

Asked by Kenzies_momma at 11:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You are an excellent mom. Don't let anyone make you feel less. You are exactly right to be continuing baby food. Remember to tell those that are asking, that front teeth are for pulling, not grinding and chewing that is needed from whole table foods. Baby food or mashed food doesn't require a full set of back molars in order to grind and chew the food for the stomach. You don't want the stomach to have to do all the work. Generally, a full set of back molars doesn't appear till almost 18 months. I kept my babies on jarred food till they had all their back teeth. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 11:45 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• continued...I fed my 1 year olds, for breakfast, protein (egg, beef or chick), baby rice cereal, cooked fruit and banana, all mashed and cooked together. They ate this soo well. The fruit makes the protein taste really good. For lunch and supper I gave protein (beef, chic, liver, or lamb), veg., cooked fruit, baby rice cereal (for starch), and a banana, all mashed and cooked together. :) This complete diet has fed thousands of very healthy and content little ones. Hope this helps and gives you some ideas. :)
    lifeasinoit

• My one year old nurses on demand. He eats banana, cheese, avacado, mashed potatos, brocolli, yogurt and Cheerios. Pretty much any kind of vegatable we're eating I'll cut small or kind of mush up so he can try it. I wouldn't stress about it though. Don't let people give you a hard time.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 12:17 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• both of my kids had most of their teeth before they hit a year old so they were on table foods but they always had a jar of veggies since it was and still IS hard to get them to eat their veggies so i just give them carrots un cooked and whatever else i can try and get them to eat...but just keep doing what you are doing :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• My daughter is 13 months old and she stopped eating baby food at 11 months old. She refused it every time I offered it to her. She only has her two bottom teeth and is finally getting her 2 upper teeth now. I've been chopping up everything I eat. Lots of fruits, oats, grains, whole wheat, organic milk. She eats two or three meals a day... lightly snacks on healthy foods through-out the day. I'm always cutting and chopping everything! She won't have anything fed to her (nothing mushy). She likes to grab the food and feed herself. She has a bottle of milk whenever she's thirsty for it, usually every 2-4 hours. I always have a sipi cup filled with water for her too. Last week, I started Poly-Vi-Sol multi-vitamin for her, put the drop in her bottle of milk, every morning...since she only gets one serving of veggies a day. Ped. recommended it to supplement the lack of veggies in her diet.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:41 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• specifically: organic eggs, ham, turkey, cherrios, grilled chicken, 100% whole wheat bread, apples, nectarines, grapes, avacado, etc...
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:44 PM on Jan. 9, 2009