what do i do now???

So it turns out that my SO's cousin who was due the exact same day as me has had a miscairrage. I'm 13 weeks 5 days, and I really thought that the risk of miscarriage had gone down by now... So now I dont know how Im supposed to act around her (i dont see her much and I dont know her well) or SO's family. SO's grandmother seemed to be happier for her and her husband, I assume because they are married. Since I told SO's family I was pregnant they have compared our pregnancies (such as I "must be eating to much cuz I'm showing and she's not"). So 1.) I dont know how to act... I feel bad for her but I also dont feel like I really needed to know because 2.) now I'm afraid of having a miscarraige. I don't want to "rub my pregnancy in anyones face" so to say. But I also don't wanna be forced to hide it either... IDK any advice???

blondie09

Asked by blondie09 at 11:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• hmm..i would go with what ever your SO decides to do..you said you didnt know her so that shouldnt be a huge deal not talking to her..dont hide the pregnancy but i wouldnt exactly talk about it infront of her or hubby. and as for the mis carriage, dont stress. thats the #1 cause for it. just do what youve been doing.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:41 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• thats sad for her, but you should not hide the fact that you are prego. not trying to be mean but its not your fault that that happend to her and you cant help that it did. as to having a miscarraige, you cant really stress your self out, all you can do is be as healthy as possible and take your prenatal vitamins and make sure that you go to all your doctors appts. just try to enjoy being prego. i know that its hard enough with all the morning sickness and gas and everything else, but dont let your SO's family get in the way of you and your baby. good luck
    Anonymous

• Just be sensitive to it when she's around. If there's a lot of baby talk going on, change the subject. It sucks to not relish in all of the attention, but I think it's just being polite. I had a good friend who'd been trying to awhile to get pregnant when I found out I was. I made sure to tell her before most of my other friends, in case she were to find out through someone else, and then when we were with a group and they were talking about it, I'd try to keep the conversation moving to something else. She later told me that she really appreciated that, because even though she was happy for me, it still is hard to be around (which I remembered dealing with before I got pregnant, too). Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:51 AM on Jan. 9, 2009