troubled and need help please

boyfriend is great his son manipulates him...its so bad when boyfriend got son a drink.... set it in floor beside child in chair....right after boyfriend snuggled with me on couch..child said you should have set the drink on the other side of the chair we ask why and he said to his dad so you can hand it to me when i tell you too. The child will not do anything at all with me no movies or anything... and it seems like i see the boyfriend by default..when child is not around. this weekend i have my kids in the last nine months my boys that are his sons age and they play ball together have spent one hour with his son. Do I say that i expect for our children to see each other or do I sit back and see what happens. BF knows very well that I expect this.. his son has broken collar bone and I offered to bring my children to their house to play games with him or watch movie.

photojournalist

Asked by photojournalist at 11:39 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• its normal, he wants his parents to be back together so hes going to be hostile towards you. dont say anything to your bf about him you dont want to be in a losing battle between you or his son. just put up with it and im sure he will come around... im sure the boys mother has a hand in this as well
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:42 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I totaly don't mean this to be rude but you should not be in a relationship with someone who has a child If you could read your question from this side you would see that clearly
    It does not make you a bad person but I think you would be better with somone who has no prior committments
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• My hubby has 4 children with his ex and I have 1. we have been married for 8 years. It can work, but it takes ALOT of work! I honestly would not advise anybody to be with someone who has kids with prior spouse, but, if your heart is in it and you are prepared for a long road it can be worth it. Great advice to not talk badly about boyfriends son, but, set your boundaries from the beginning and stick with them!
    Ilovemy5joys

Answer by Ilovemy5joys at 1:01 AM on Jan. 9, 2009