i need some help?

okay my doctor is a total idiot in my opinion. i am due around jan. 28 to the 30. i cant stand my doctor, so would it be bad to change doctors so late in my pregnancy. and would any other doctor take me. i just dont want someone that i dont like delivering me. whenever i see him i just dont feel like he knows what hes doing. any advice would be helpful

michelle.coppes

Asked by michelle.coppes at 11:39 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Most doctors won't release you to another this close to delivery, and most drs won't take you this close to delivery
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 11:40 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• y u wait so long
    to think about switching docs?????
    Anonymous

• You could always look into a midwife. But if you are delivering at a hospital, then it is whatever doctor is on call when you go into labor is who delivers generally, isn't it?
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• all you can do is call another dr and see if they'll take you.. request all your records from your current office. i dont see why they wouldnt. i had to switch at 8 months becuase i moved...you explain why if they give you crap. its your body and you choose your drs!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:51 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Ask another doctor if they'll take you, then go from there. If they won't, then know that you've done what you can (and hope that your doctor is unavailable when you deliver and you end up with someone better) good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:47 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• this goes along w KatieCrandall's comment..i never once had My dr. in the delivery room when i had my babies. they were all on call dr.s
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:08 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I don't know if any other DRs would take you I tried and tried to get a new DR. with my first pregnancy from about 5 months along and they alll said i was too far along. I didn't even have a doctor in the room when my son was born either. It was just nurses then the dr showed up at the very last minute. The nurses said it's like that all the time. I would just try to switch though and if not don't worry too much about it.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 3:39 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• i would do what you think is best if you feel he is off beat or what ever i would look in too changing him maybe someone else in his office will take you on
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 8:48 PM on Jan. 10, 2009