Politics and Ignorance...

For one don't mix and two I see alot of people who didn't vote for Obama bash him. Is it because he is a bi-racial man or is it just the fact that you don't want to see anyone of color in office. Would you all rather have someone in office like our soon to be departed president. Im not trying to start a debate but I do notice alot of moms here make ingorant comments when It comes to Obama. It should not matter who you voted for but what can this person do for you and our country. But I will say this if you feel like this man will doom us all then why don't you move out of the country. Try living in a country where the leader is a dictator and your free will is stripped from you.

Princessstar024

Asked by Princessstar024 at 11:42 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Dang....what crawled up your butt and died today?
    Anonymous

• Wow the reason I didn't vote for him had nothing to do with his race and I think that it is "ignorant" for you to think that it was.
    Anonymous

• I don't blame the OP. There have been some rather unethical comments about Obama on other Q&A's. No worries OP.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:48 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I just get tired of the other moms on here like yourself who post anonymous and Bash or say ingorant things about this man. Everyone is entitled to their own opion on the issue but for you to say this man does not know what he's doing and he will run our country into the ground. Shit we are already there with Bush. Give the man a chance I wouldn't care if McCain had won or not. As long as our troups are home and the economy is where is should be. I seriously think people should check themselves at the door before making such ingorant comments about someone of any race that just let's me know how ingorant they are about people.
    Princessstar024

Answer by Princessstar024 at 11:49 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• actually it's people that voted or didn't vote for him because of his color that are ignorant... from the sounds of it, you voted for him because he was bi-racial.... now if you want to accuse people accuse the right people...
    okay social study lesson... New laws are first introduced as "bills" in the two bodies of Congress. A bill has to be approved by both the House and the Senate through a series of votes and debates. Once Congress has approved a bill, it is sent to the president, who heads the Executive Branch. The president has several options about what to do with a bill. He may sign it into law, send it back to Congress to be changed, or veto the bill.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:49 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Anon 11:48 I don't think it's ingorant Im just stating the facts if you would have read the post properly I asked was it his race. That was a simple yes or no question. Why are you so offencive when I asked that. It's not like I said kill all the white people or anyone else of any race. Im just stating the facts. But like I said im not trying to start a debate I just wanted my question asked honestly. And if you feel like you could not answer the question then move on to the next question. That just let's me know that ingorance still exsist and it's not going anywhere anytime soon.
    Princessstar024

Answer by Princessstar024 at 11:53 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• So it's not all of bushes fault. first off... secondly if you want to find out why we are dealing with a recession.. it started before Bush was president... when other bills were passed to help businesses ship their manufacturing overseas..... Secondly as far as how I voted... number one... i'm independent, but normally end up voting republican... so if he was a republican... probably would of voted for him... secondly... I don't like his wife at all, because IMO she seems to be running the show not him... and I find it hard to respect a man that is running for president that lets his wife act like that.... and thirdly, I happened to like sarah palin, because she seems like a normal every day woman, and I can respect that... if she was running for VP on Obama's side I would of voted for Obama
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I am so sick of hearing about the "race issue!!!" Why do you assume that any opposition to him is because of race? My opposition has nothing at all to do with race. I couldn't care less if our Pres. is black, white, green or purple. I oppose the majority of his platform and I could do without much of his ideas of change. His character, moral beliefs and religious views do not match mine and he has absolutely NO experience! HOWEVER, because he will be my president, he will have my prayers and respect as our leader!
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Lastly... he came from Chicago... the most corrupt city in politics... so yes I am weary... HOWEVER he is going to be president, and if he helps get some good bills passed, I'll vote for him next term.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• xxhazeldovexx I did vote for Obama and not because of his race. I voted for him because I felt that he was the right person for the job. If Hilliary was the dem nom I would have voted for her. It has nothing to do with race as to why I voted for him. The whole presidential race I heard McCain do nothing but bash where as Obama said what he would do for our country. He is trying to make it happen. Look everyone is going to clash when it comes to why people voted for Obama. But what would make you say that is it because of my race. Not all African Americans voted for Obama. But from what I read from the other Questions the responces was race driven.. That's why I asked the question I asked.
    Princessstar024

Answer by Princessstar024 at 11:59 PM on Jan. 8, 2009