• In the Spotlight:

braxton hicks

so i know im having braxton hicks
cuz they dont hurt
but iv had like 4 with in 30 mins
should i call my doc or just blow it off
im 33 weeks and 5 days

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• walk around, if they go away, then you don't need to worry. If they get worse with movement, call your doctor
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 11:45 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• If you know they are BH, then why call your doctor? They will just tell you not to worry.
    Anonymous

• cuz iv had 4 with in 30 mins and my braxton hick have never been that close
    iv all ready had problems with real contractions 3 times iv had to get a shot to stop them
    that is the only reason im worried
    Anonymous

• 4 in 30 minutes isn't that bad at 33 weeks. When I was 35 weeks I was up for 3 hours timing them because they hurt so bad I couldn't tell right off the bat that they were BH. I think I was having them every 4 minutes, followed by every 13 minutes followed by 8 minutes, etc... I have a paper with the list on it still. :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:55 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• MY DOCTOR TOLD ME THAT IF YOU GET MORE THAN 4 IN AN HOUR, AT THIS STAGE, IT IS BEST TO CALL!!! BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY!!! It may be nothing, and it may be pre-term labor. She says that pre-term labor doesn't hurt necessarily!!!!!
    SummerBug

Answer by SummerBug at 12:15 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Lay on your left side, drink some water. If they slow down then dont worry about them. My dr said to keep an eye on them to see if they make a pattern. If you get more than 4 per hour for more than 2 hours then I would call just in case.
    legalmom343

Answer by legalmom343 at 12:22 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Legalmom343 is right! Drink some water, then lay down for an hour. If they go away, but come back when you get up, they're probably just the result of your body being too taxed. If they keep going even when you relax, I would call.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:45 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Call...
    iheartkewi

Answer by iheartkewi at 2:23 AM on Jan. 9, 2009