Why can't you shower with a baby?

Totally spinning off from another question. But Why are so many mom's saying that they can't take showers when they have little kids or newborn babies?

Showering is an essential part of my day, as much as brushing my teeth and wiping after I pee. I've had 3 kids and never gone a day without a shower because of my kids. Even with Dh gone, all 3 home, I'll still take a shower. My kids don't have to be monitored 24/7...am I just lucky that I can jump in the shower and know the worst that my youngest will do is color on a wall or my older 2 will fight?

Or, on MANY occasions, I've just tossed their smelly butts in the shower with me. Even when my oldest was a squirmy slippery newborn. I'd shower with her while Dh was gone and still get us both clean, shave my legs and get us dried off.

I must be superwoman. LOL

munch12502

Asked by munch12502 at 11:43 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LOL I have 3 kids and still find time to shower! Yea, I'm a SAHM but that dont mean that I'm not as busy as the working mom. Most days I feel like a single mom because my hubby works long hours and still, I find time to take a shower. Even if I have to put my 7mo in his bouncy seat in the bathroom while I'm taking a shower.
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 11:48 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I use to take a bath with my son until he was a year old. Now I just wait for DH to get home to shower. My son is a handful.
    BubblesB

Answer by BubblesB at 11:44 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• i take a shower with my daughter shes 4 months old. when im done i have my boyfriend bring her to me then after she clean he takes so i can get out. I get her ready and then myself its not a big deal. and i dont see a problem with it. now with a son id give him his own baths after he turned about a year old but they say same sex showers and baths with your children arent considered wrong til the questions start and they want to investigate you instead of them.
    Anonymous

• I guess it just depends on what kind of shower you're looking for. I personally like to take long hot showers (and I mean on ALL hot!!) without worrying about my children. At ages 2 and 9 months, I'm constantly having to tell my 2 year old to stop pushing my 9 month old down and such. If I bring the kids in with me, it's not relaxing...sure I get clean and all, but it's sooo stressful to have one slipping and sliding while the other is crying that he has water in his eyes!

I've gone down to a shower every other day unless I work out or do yard work. Really, I never needed a shower every single day anyway...I don't even sweat or get dirty!
    Cathy2005

Answer by Cathy2005 at 11:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• My kids r naughty!! I shower when my hubby is home or my youngest(20 months) is sleepin!! Otherwise I go without!! I was a young paranoid mom so waited for hubby with first one!! Hehe. Live nd learn!!
    katmills0884

Answer by katmills0884 at 12:01 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• i never understood that either..i was and always have been a single mom, but i still showered everyday..before i had a kid i would wake up and shower right away...once i had my kid, i couldnt always do that, unless i woke up before her..(which never happened..lol) so i might of had to wait an hour or 2..but still...i always find time in the morning..and sometimes night too..2x a day!! and people cant even find one time??? i dont get it..do it while theyre sleeping..or stick them in their crib..or put them in a bouncy chair, or a jolly jumper, or their swing, or the playpen, put a movie on..give them some cheerios, and let them be for 5- 10-15 minutes..simple as that!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:16 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• You must be superwoman being all slippery and still be able to completely shower and shave with a new born!!!
    I'm home with my 3 kids and find it difficult to shower some days. I've discovered some helpful tactics though. I'll give my kids their breakfast to eat while sitting on my bed and watching a video.
    I'll dry my hair straight, it's curly, and that way my showers only have to last 10 min tops.
    It's a choice I make actually to sleep a little longer in the morning and skip my shower. It's not that I can't shower because of my kids, it's because I want to sleep longer. This dosen't work though when I've got somewhere to go.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:22 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• normally, when hubs at work, i can only take a quick shower. or maybe i just feel more comfortable taking a quick shower.
    ilovebooksfan

Answer by ilovebooksfan at 11:24 AM on Jan. 9, 2009