My sons g/f is pregnant...I am having mixed emotions...Is this Normal???

My son is 20, just lost his job due to downsizing, his g/f broke up with him after he lost his job and a few weeks later he wrecked his car. He is so down on his luck and refuses my help. Now The EX reports she is 7 weeks along and they have only been apart for three. I am having all sort of emotions and do not know what to say. HELP?

kwazylisa

Asked by kwazylisa at 9:56 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Adult Children (18+)

• Boy can I relate.. My son was only 16, we thought his girlfriend was 15, then he tells me she is pregnant. I thought he was kidding me(he is a joker)so they hid it another month, then he tells me and I find out she is only 14..Oppps Boy talk about mixed emotions. I tried to make up for my comments about " no pregnancy now -you are to young.. to ok... you must get a job support the girl and your baby. At least your son is older.. My son did well, he worked hard at a car wash.. paid for things, I tried to keep lines of communication open, even gave the baby shower. My granddaughter is 9 years old and I wouldn't trade her for anyone else. My advice is love your son, be supportive ...let him make his own decisions... and keep contact with the girl... Whether they get it together or not, that is your grandchild... and that is important.
    womanoffaith777

Answer by womanoffaith777 at 10:11 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Please don't do what my MIL did to me. Me & my husband were engaged when I found out. My SIL worked w/ me & knew I left work sick & had gone to take a test. She told her hubby, he called his mom, & she went to my hubby's work & told him I was & basically threw a fit, saying we were keeping it a secret, etc. Even though I had just found out that day! Then she wouldn't speak to me for weeks b/c she thought I was ruining his life & it was all my fault. She made me absolutely miserable for months. Good luck to you.
    seabaugh6

Answer by seabaugh6 at 1:24 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I dont know what kind of girl she is or what kind of guy he is, but I hope they do well. I hope that you will help them/her along with this pregnancy even if you dont really like her. Pregnancy is supposed to be a very happy time and my mother in law made it awful for me, me and my husband dont want any more kids right now but I dream of when I will have a good pregnancy (we dont talk to his mom anymore) but Im sure you will be an awsome grandma. There are going to be ruff times but the end result will be worth it.
    JonahsMom1107

Answer by JonahsMom1107 at 1:39 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• go to maury... j/k tell him to be suspicous but not an a$$ hole. lol after the babies born, test it!
    ChasesMommy0115

Answer by ChasesMommy0115 at 1:38 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I think it is normal to have mixed emotions but overall a baby is a life, is a blessing, and you want to be part of it!! throw a shower!!
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:28 PM on Jul. 21, 2008

• First off, Congrats!!! Yes I think it is normal to have mixed emotions. I was in a similar situation. My 21 year old son's now ex fiancee told him she was pregnant. She's his ex cuz she was cheating. I told my son he's not to be one of those dead beat dads. He will step up IF that baby is his. As fate has it.... she called and said she had miscarried. Personally, I don't think she was ever pregnant. Anyway, when son told me she was pregnant I had all kinds of emotions. So yeah, it's normal. Good luck and hope all goes well.
    ymbotello

Answer by ymbotello at 5:46 AM on Jul. 23, 2008